Donation Boxes

Photovor

Here's my donation box(es) that I made. I used a single sheet of 4'x8' OSB, painted gloss red, and added final touches in cut vinyl. Hopefully this'll be an inspiration to someone!

Beautifully done! Really great color and enhances the display, too! Hope they're bolted down really well!!!

If you don't have time or don't want to build your own box Lowe's sells a large mailbox that looks like a night deposit box at a bank. We had the sign company put donation signs on the sides and front. It has a drop door where you place food or money and when you let go it falls inside and you can't get your hands in there to get stuff out.

It's a little expensive, ($98.00) but I didn't have time to do my own.

Very well done! That really looked great. Wish I saw it a couple weeks ago and I had time to paint mine like a present. Very cool!

Beautifully done! Really great color and enhances the display, too! Hope they're bolted down really well!!!

I like it as well! I double the "bolted down really well!!!". Here's MY idea of the ideal donation box:

transformers-cop-car.jpg

lmao.gif

R

To clarify the security on these....

Each box is screwed/bolted to the next. The big box is staked into the ground. It is checked and emptied at the beginning/end of each night, and I leave the back door of the top box open after the show is done.. so if someone was looking to steal money, they'd see it'd open and empty (hopefully).

I also have it hooked to my security system by means of having the donation box door rigged with magnetic sensors. Also, the box is in the view of my security camera too.

Very cool!!!

I've been trying to figure out a way to have a donation box, but a major problem for me is physical placement. Let me explain...

When it snows and a snow plow comes through, it obviously shoves the snow off to the side of the street. It doesn't take too many snowfalls before this pile on the curbside is 4 or 5 feet high -- and often includes ice, slush, sand, and other street-guck. If the plow is going by at 10-15 MPH, you can imagine the force that this heavy mixture of crud has when it hits something that's alongside the street. Sometimes it's forceful enough to rip a mailbox right off its post and you wake up in the morning after the plows have gone through only to find your mailbox in the middle of the yard, covered with now-frozen ice and muck.

Sometimes on a deeper snowfall, a plow may take a swipe a little too close to the curb and the plow itself can hit your mailbox, or anything else that's a little too close to the street. If you live on a curve like I do, after the snow melts in the spring you may even find that your yard that used to be trimmed neatly down to the curb is now devoid of grass a foot or two into the yard because the plow helped remove it...

My wife and I built and moved into our present home in 1990. In the twenty winters we've lived there, I've wound up fixing the lawn nine times, replaced 7 mailboxes, three shrubs/flower beds (next to the mailbox) and the end of our driveway 4 times. I'm just thinkin' if I add one more "target" for the plow drivers, it'll just be more work...:rolleyes:

Here's my donation box(es) that I made. I used a single sheet of 4'x8' OSB, painted gloss red, and added final touches in cut vinyl. Hopefully this'll be an inspiration to someone!

i really like this im might have to do that for next year.

Hey Rogers what size screws did you use to bolt that donation box to your driveway...lol....
Great work on the present idea...
Joe..

Hey Rogers what size screws did you use to bolt that donation box to your driveway...lol....Joe..

Joe - a dozen doughnuts early in the evening, keeps them there all night...

:eek:)

Kidding aside, our small-town constable, has taken to doing his paperwork out in front, almost every night! He really likes the lights...

It has an added advantage, that the ne'er-do-well kids, that might be inclined to vandalize the lights, know he takes an active interest, and might just leave them alone! Very small town, so I don't think I'll have any problems...

R

Back