Editing in Vixen

AJVenti

Is there a way to edit in Vixen? I would like to add to a sequence that I have. and take some parts out without having to redo the sequence. I even would like to cut the start of the sequence and remove something in the middle.

Not sure what your asking... If your asking if you can modify an existing sequence; absolutely yes. If you're talking about removing some of the audio; that will jack things up.

Can you be more specific about what exactly you're trying to do

There is a bulk effects move function under the tools menu - where you can move all effects between time x and y by an offset z. You would want to reimport the audio first, don't modify the sequence length initially but you can do that when have moved your effects into position. This is easier than cut/paste since effects can often be hidden lots of levels down, depending on how complex your display/node configuration is.

There is also a function to move timing marks (right click on the mark group names). They have slightly different dialogs but can be used to achieve exactly the same thing. If you have effects and timing marks, you will likely want to bring both forwards by the same time interval.

Last edited:
The key to all of this is modifying the audio outside of Vixen. A variety of programs can do that but I use Filmora 11. It has powerful audio tools and addition to video. You can extract audio tracks and save them as mp3 files.

There is a bulk effects move function under the tools menu - where you can move all effects between time x and y by an offset z. You would want to reimport the audio first, don't modify the sequence length initially but you can do that when have moved your effects into position. This is easier than cut/paste since effects can often be hidden lots of levels down, depending on how complex your display/node configuration is.

There is also a function to move timing marks (right click on the mark group names). They have slightly different dialogs but can be used to achieve exactly the same thing. If you have effects and timing marks, you will likely want to bring both forwards by the same time interval.

This is spot on. Just edit the audio outside of Vixen since there are already great tools to do that with.

Back