Effects not appearing in sequence.

Kev7274

Supporting Member
All of a sudden when I drag an effect into the sequence,I just get a black box. This is causing my preview to not show up. The nutcracker effect works and it shows up in the preview,but I'm not using it. I rebooted to see if that would help,but didn't. Ideas?

do you have a mix of both kinds? Usually when this happens, it's because the effect doesn't apply to the element type because of how the element properties are defined. I've seen it when a effect of the wrong color was applied to a discrete colored element. I've also seen it happen when a wipe effect was applied to elements without location properties defined.

I'm going to check and see if I have maybe done something by accident. I don't think I have though. I really haven't done anything since last night when it was working.

Is this only happening on one sequence? If you start a new sequence do you see this happening still?

James

Can you zip up your data folder and post it. When I get home I'll load it up and have a look if someone else doesn't get to it first.

James

whenever it happened to me it was always related to something happening to the element setup. either the properties or color filters. Redoing those always fixed it for me.

It was the color handling option. I remember that I was messing around with it earlier. I went back and did not choose any options and the effects are back are on the sequence.

Sometimes this happens (especially with nutcracker effects) when there are child groups.. and not all of the groups are of the same size. Its a known issue and one we are going to tackle after this season...

Work around is to either ensure all the child groups are of the same size, or apply the effect individually to the different child groups.

Back