Enclosure for DSP PLL FM Transmitter?

I use the same transmitter. Worked really well, inexpensive and simple.

However, you're going to need an antenna. I used something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Axis-PET-10-...id=1508212915&sr=8-38&keywords=dipole+antenna

I just made a simple PVC housing for the entire unit. Smaller PVC for the antenna span, and a larger PVC base to house both the transmitter AND the Raspberry Pi. The entire thing was waterproof and self-contained (except for a simple plug that I used to supply DC power).

I use the same transmitter. Worked really well, inexpensive and simple.

However, you're going to need an antenna. I used something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Axis-PET-10-...id=1508212915&sr=8-38&keywords=dipole+antenna

I just made a simple PVC housing for the entire unit. Smaller PVC for the antenna span, and a larger PVC base to house both the transmitter AND the Raspberry Pi. The entire thing was waterproof and self-contained (except for a simple plug that I used to supply DC power).

Can you post pictures of the PVC enclosure? I'm trying to wrap my head around that one.

I wish I had a pict.

I made a Tee with 1" (or 1/2"?) PVC, with a wingspan of 6 feet. This housed the antenna (and kept the antenna spread wide).

The base of the Tee (1"-ish PVC) extended down a couple feet to a PVC reducer 1" to 4". Something kinda like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Genova-70142-Reducing-Coupling/dp/B000BPHNO0

Inside a short section of 4" PVC was enough space for the transmitter and Pi. Capped off the ends, and it was all waterproof (and stable).

Small hole to pass the DC power through to power up the whole thing (sealing it as you think necessary).

Last edited:
I tried one earlier this Summer. I could not get enough range out of it to reach 100 ft.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I tried one earlier this Summer. I could not get enough range out of it to reach 100 ft.

I get about 500 feet of clear signal out of mine. You can hear it up to 1000 feet in places but not consistently because of trees and houses. If that's within your needs then you might try a different antenna.

I get about 500 feet of clear signal out of mine. You can hear it up to 1000 feet in places but not consistently because of trees and houses. If that's within your needs then you might try a different antenna.
It appears I must have received a bad one. Sound quality was great with an FM radio in the same room, but once I tried to move it outside I couldn't get reception more than 30 ft line of sight no matter what kind of antenna I attached. I replaced it with a different product that gave me no problems.

I don't think there is any way to get in trouble with one of these, unless you choose a frequency of an existing station in your area. They are only 0.1W and broadcast a few 100 ft.

I don't think there is any way to get in trouble with one of these, unless you choose a frequency of an existing station in your area. They are only 0.1W and broadcast a few 100 ft.

I tested this in my car and got close to 1/2 a mile away and could still hear the music...right at 1/2 mile I started getting static. I don't even have the correct length antenna, lol!

Back