esp32 does not connect to IDE Arduino

gb70

Good morning everyone,
maybe it happened to someone that an ESP32 did not connect to the Arduino IDE to receive the code .... I explain better:

i bought these esp32 DEVKIT V1 (wromm 32 - Expressif) on Aliexpress:
HTML:
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/32905750373.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2ita&spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef36963kcqiY
Immagine.jpg

out of 10 ESP, one does not connect and I cannot load the programs "ESPixelstick".
I tried to press the BOOT button, also did reset with BOOT and EN button.
I tried to connect the GND and EN pins with a 10 microfarad capacitor.
Unfortunately it does not load anything and the arduino IDE does not find the connection to the COM port.

Will it be a bad chip?

thanks immediately for all the info you can give me, in all I spent 46 $ (including shipping) ... and for one ESP, I don't mind very much.

Graziano

The EN pin is not part of the flash process. If you tie EN to ground it disables the internal voltage regulator. Unless you know how to inject power from the pins, you should leave it alone. That device has an integrated USB based UART. If the IDE is properly configured, there are NO buttons or pins you need to push to program it. Best thing to do is make sure that the only connection to the device is the USB cable and then use the ESPFlashTool to load the code onto the device. FYI: In the most recent builds, building and loading using the Arduino IDE is NOT working. The partition scheme we are using is not supported by the IDE. Vscode + Platformio is the current approved build and upload tool. I am still trying to restore Arduino IDE, but at the moment it does not work.

yes true Martin, I had not written but I tried to load with the ESPFlashTool, but with negative result.
I presume that it is as he said "1pet2_9" ...... the ESP has a hardware problem.

Thanks

Try connecting/erasing the Esp32 with the default esp tool from Espressif to see if it is recognized .

Some can though rarely have an e-fuse issue right from the get go .

Also try powering from 3.3v rather than Vin.

Last edited:
I can't guarantee that it is specifically an ESP hardware problem--only that if you do the exact same thing 9 times and they all work, but only this one doesn't, that certainly indicates it's something in just the piece of hardware you swapped out.

I can't guarantee that it is specifically an ESP hardware problem--only that if you do the exact same thing 9 times and they all work, but only this one doesn't, that certainly indicates it's something in just the piece of hardware you swapped out.

It is impossible to guarantee anything with the Esp modules coming out of China other than one might receive them after ordering !

I have had a few successes accessing stubborn modules with the Esp tool from the manufacturer .

Back