Expo Daytona Schedule Q

jackal24

When do they usually announce the class schedule for the Expo? Trying to figure out which days I want to be there.

I don't know the schedule, but I know the pricing...

The Christmas Expo Conference will be in Daytona, FL this year July 18-20th, 2019 with some pre-workshops the 15/16/17th. I couldn’t find pricing so I called. Here is the pricing that will be put up on the site (christmasexpo.com) soon:

Vendor Hall Hours:
July 18th - 12:00-5:00pm
July 19th - 9:30-4:30pm
July 20th - 9:30-4:00pm
Vendor Hall only July 18/19/20th -$8/day

Core Conference Pricing July 18/19/20th (includes Vendor Hall):
1-day Core Pass - $95
2-day Core Pass - $190
3-day Core Pass - $215

Pre-Show Workshops:
July 15th - RGB Workshop - $225
July 15 & 16th - LOR Workshop - $399
July 16 & 17th - xLights Workshop - $325

I doubt you will see a class list before mid May at best and it will change some if past experience is a guide. I go for some of the classes, but mostly I go to see all the friends I have met at past expos and minis. There is lots to be learned by talking with the other attendees and there are always lots of little gatherings in the hotel lobby at night and at the expo in the hallways and the lunch/snack area. If your sole focus is classes you will be missing a lot of good stuff.

I doubt you will see a class list before mid May at best and it will change some if past experience is a guide. I go for some of the classes, but mostly I go to see all the friends I have met at past expos and minis. There is lots to be learned by talking with the other attendees and there are always lots of little gatherings in the hotel lobby at night and at the expo in the hallways and the lunch/snack area. If your sole focus is classes you will be missing a lot of good stuff.

Definitely not in it just for the classes, but I can probably be there for only 3 days and was trying to figure out which 3 to attend.

I'm assuming that the preshow workshops listed above are all day events? Like the xlights one would be a whole day of classes starting at the beginning and working up to some higher level stuff?

It will be my first year and I am thinking of just attending the 3 days of the main show.

There is no vendor hall / exhibits until the Thursday at noon. When it says pre-show that is exactly what it means pre-show. Only the two day classes are in place.

Back