Extreme bed leveling & why its cheaper to replace .

angus40

Supporting Member
After watching this video ,I am glad I didn't try removing the stock creality magnetic bed plate .
I simply installed the PEI magnet directly over top . this may have improved the factory warpage to some degree :)

The hours this poor fellow wasted on a less than 40$ item is incredible.

The process in called flat lapping.
I have not tried to get into the 3d printing arena because I have a clue how much I don't know. This for example.
Is the PEI magnet surface any "flatter" than stock?

Twice as thick .
And whatever it is called what this fellow did to a cheap bed is a total waste of time imo .

One can purchase a completely flat sheet of aluminum that is not as prone to warpage as these cheapo heatbeds are and construct an new bed in a 10th of the time this fellow wasted .
Though it is interesting to see his clever mapping in software.

The process in called flat lapping.
I have not tried to get into the 3d printing arena because I have a clue how much I don't know. This for example.
Is the PEI magnet surface any "flatter" than stock?

Ps Not knowing something and allowing it to prevent you stalls progression indefinitely for certain .
Jump aboard and get printing :)

Ps Not knowing something and allowing it to prevent you stalls progression indefinitely for certain .
Jump aboard and get printing :)

Thank you for the encouragement.
I would love to get into boating as well but then I looked up the definition of "boat": A hole in the water that you throw time and money into.
I have too many hobbies that fit that definition already.
Good talk. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go troubleshoot an SS-24, track down a bad connection in a pixel string, rebuild my window frames, ....
:wink:

Thank you for the encouragement.
I would love to get into boating as well but then I looked up the definition of "boat": A hole in the water that you throw time and money into.
I have too many hobbies that fit that definition already.
Good talk. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go troubleshoot an SS-24, track down a bad connection in a pixel string, rebuild my window frames, ....
:wink:

I'm with you...I responded in another thread about 3D printers about how my "finance manager" only wants to know exactly *why* I need a 3D printer. Short answer: I don't, but I bet I could find a use for it. Her response was that I've already got enough expensive hobbies and knowing me as well as she does, she knows I would start buying all sorts of little extras on top of just the normal supplies you would need for a 3D printer. Yes, it would be nice for me to see some of the cool little items that others are doing here, and print some out for myself, but the reality is that I don't truly need one at this point.

I'm with you...I responded in another thread about 3D printers about how my "finance manager" only wants to know exactly *why* I need a 3D printer. Short answer: I don't, but I bet I could find a use for it. Her response was that I've already got enough expensive hobbies and knowing me as well as she does, she knows I would start buying all sorts of little extras on top of just the normal supplies you would need for a 3D printer. Yes, it would be nice for me to see some of the cool little items that others are doing here, and print some out for myself, but the reality is that I don't truly need one at this point.

Actually these 3D printers are dirt cheap compared to anything remotely related to the Christmas light hobby. Playing bridge is probably the only hobby cheaper than 3D printing . :)

I bought one last spring. Then I bought another in the fall. Then I bought a whole boat load of upgrades. Then I bought a boat. So, yeah.

Jeff

Back