F16V3 presale has began.

5 minutes after posting and everyone crashed the server already lol

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

5 minutes after posting and everyone crashed the server already lol

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I am working on that right now. :blink: The site is with major provider. Would not have expected that.

WOW... Kinda like Black Friday..Just got trampled at the front door trying to be first in line....:shock::shock::eek:hmy:

This is the version that puts up the lights for you in November and takes them down in January if you schedule it through FPP, right? :)

I'm wondering if I should hold out for version 4 which not only has a nice test pattern but also fixes all your bad pixels while it's in test mode ��

Curiosity is getting to me...
Description says that it will support two expansion boards. Very nice.

1. Since there is only one expansion port, I take it that the multiple boards will be on multi-plug cables. Are you going to sell them (the cables), or do we need to start looking for these parts?

2. Can the expansion boards be mixed? Say one 16 port expansion and one remote sender?

3. Are the channels available when the expansion board(s) is/are used evenly distributed, or is there a way to designate certain number of channels to each of the board outputs? (This was discussed a while back, but I never did see a final on it.)

Curiosity is getting to me...
Description says that it will support two expansion boards. Very nice.

1. Since there is only one expansion port, I take it that the multiple boards will be on multi-plug cables. Are you going to sell them (the cables), or do we need to start looking for these parts?

2. Can the expansion boards be mixed? Say one 16 port expansion and one remote sender?

3. Are the channels available when the expansion board(s) is/are used evenly distributed, or is there a way to designate certain number of channels to each of the board outputs? (This was discussed a while back, but I never did see a final on it.)

1) The new expansion boards will have two 40-pin connectors. You can also make your own cable that has two plugs inline to use existing expansion boards.
2) Yes the boards can be mixed.
3) We are going to make the distribution of pixels to the three boards user selectable with the only constraint being that one board cannot have more than 680 pixels. (Unless you are only using one board of course)

They will work with F16V3 but you will only be able to use one unless you have a new version to go on the same controller. The new expansion have also a three pin selector to select the correct cable select line. So the old one would be the first and the new one would be selected to be the second. No way to make an old one select the second. I guess you could cut traces and solder wire to do it if you really wanted to.

Thanks David. That is very good information to have.

Having 1024 pixels on a single output is not in my book of "needs" at this time. I do, however, like the idea of having the 16 ports on the V3, then two remote senders connected and up to 8 remote receivers "out there".

I do currently have 2 expansion boards and at least 2 of the remote transmitter boards. Putting them as the first of the units will save a few dollars. Looking forward to the new remote sending boards (with ability to be 2nd unit on the ribbon cable).

Maybe in the summer. Plate is pretty full right now.

Please take another look at what can move off the current plate, and find room for the F4V3 - Me and many others will hold off buying until F4V3 is available.
No pressure, just like to see it before mid year, or I'll push my project out til 2018.:)
(F16 just too big for my application -- Multiple FPP/REMOTE with F4's work better)

Last edited:
David,
How do we go about purchasing when we are located in another country then the USA? Your website does not allow for anything but the states and I am in Canada.

Are*wire connectors included? I haven't purchases any of your controllers in the past and couldn't find any information about the connectors. Even if they are included, where can I get additional? I'm also planning to get some of your F8Distro boards and have same questions about it's connectors.

Are*wire connectors included? I haven't purchases any of your controllers in the past and couldn't find any information about the connectors. Even if they are included, where can I get additional? I'm also planning to get some of your F8Distro boards and have same questions about it's connectors.

Yes, they have connectors. They're these readily available plugs: http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/60-pcs-4pin-way-pitch-3-5mm-screw-terminal/136912305.html. You can get them from the standard sources like Mouser, EBay, Tayda, etc

Last edited:
Back