F16V3 presale has began.

Please take another look at what can move off the current plate, and find room for the F4V3 - Me and many others will hold off buying until F4V3 is available.
No pressure, just like to see it before mid year, or I'll push my project out til 2018.:)
(F16 just too big for my application -- Multiple FPP/REMOTE with F4's work better)
I wasn't even sure if it was "on the plate" when I asked. I just plan on one or two and if a F4v3 is coming I'll wait, if not I'll buy F4v2 this late summer/fall.

Please take another look at what can move off the current plate, and find room for the F4V3 - Me and many others will hold off buying until F4V3 is available.
No pressure, just like to see it before mid year, or I'll push my project out til 2018.:)
(F16 just too big for my application -- Multiple FPP/REMOTE with F4's work better)

This was discussed in the web meetings and we all suggested to him this get put on the back burner. And here's why.

If you want a full kitchen sink, onboard playback, onboard audio, multiple expansion, etc. you are likely to buy the F16 anyway. The 'market' majority for the F4 is for those that want a minimal controller and don't need all these V3 upgrades. The only one that would ever apply to the F4 is maybe local playback.

Dave (hopefully) is now going to be working on a new controller design all-together that several of us have asked for. Depending on how you intended to use the F4, it may be a better choice for you anyway.

This was discussed in the web meetings and we all suggested to him this get put on the back burner. And here's why.

If you want a full kitchen sink, onboard playback, onboard audio, multiple expansion, etc. you are likely to buy the F16 anyway. The 'market' majority for the F4 is for those that want a minimal controller and don't need all these V3 upgrades. The only one that would ever apply to the F4 is maybe local playback.

Dave (hopefully) is now going to be working on a new controller design all-together that several of us have asked for. Depending on how you intended to use the F4, it may be a better choice for you anyway.
O.K. I'll bite. Can we have the readers digest version of this new controller we may want over a F4 ?

Maybe there wasn't the right balance of representation for the web meeting. Did you have anyone who wanted the Kitchen Sink without the Whole Kitchen and Remodeling bill to go with it?

Why would you limit to just local playback. I would also want: •Wireless •Falcon Player Remote Mode. •Single 4-Layer Board. •1024 pixels per string. •Maybe even expansion board capable. If I'm limited to the current F4, then there is no reason to move from my current e6804 installed base.

You are preaching to the choir, this was all proposed and Dave's response is it pushes the price point higher, much much closer to the F16 itself. PCB size is cheap, all these extra features are not. So your F4V3 now costs $150 to $180. Why would you buy that over a F16? (even if you might, everyone else probably wouldnt).

As far as channels Dave response was the cheaper chips on the F4 are memory limited and likely won't be able to hold the higher channel counts.

You really should join the Wednesday web calls to hangout and be able to talk to Dave directly.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bill, I respect all your comments (this thread and others) and although I question (not challenge) for more information, it's because I feel you Big Gun Channel Guys forget there a bunch of 5k and less channel folks out here. Yeah, a stretch limo, with a bar is a nice ride to dinner, I prefer my 2-seater Roadster with the top down. (Doesn't rain in California)

You are preaching to the choir, this was all proposed and Dave's response is it pushes the price point higher, much much closer to the F16 itself. PCB size is cheap, all these extra features are not. So your F4V3 now costs $150 to $180. Why would you buy that over a F16? (even if you might, everyone else probably wouldnt).

As far as channels Dave response was the cheaper chips on the F4 are memory limited and likely won't be able to hold the higher channel counts.
Ok, now I understand......

Why would you buy that over a F16? (even if you might, everyone else probably wouldnt).
yeah, that would be me. I like saving money, but I typically buy better than I need. No Zip Cord here.....all SJOOW.

You really should join the Wednesday web calls to hangout and be able to talk to Dave directly.
Wish I could.....

As Skunberg requested....can you give us a short brief on the future FxxVx
O.K. I'll bite. Can we have the readers digest version of this new controller we may want over a F4 ?

Last edited:
Bill, I respect all your comments (this thread and others) and although I question (not challenge) for more information, it's because I feel you Big Gun Channel Guys forget there a bunch of 5k and less channel folks out here. Yeah, a stretch limo, with a bar is a nice ride to dinner, I prefer my 2-seater Roadster with the top down. (Doesn't rain in California)

a) Hello from Sunnyvale CA, I'm here for a work trip. If I was any closer to you I'd say lets go grab a beer. And it's rained all day today...

b) Thanks for the respect. I don't engage you because I disagree with your point of view, but because we shared a point of view up until Dave explained everything I've (probably poorly) repeated. I'm no where near big guns channels, I only had 11,000 channels this past year. 5,000 of which ran from a single F4V2, my only Falcon product. I too value efficiency when it comes to light displays. I will probably never buy a F16.

Dave's vision (and I have a better appreciation for that every day) for the F4 is to stay as close as possible to a $100 pixel controller. HE sells way more F16 ( I believe) but he still wanted a close to $100 offering for anyone who thinks a 32,000 channel controller is too much (like me!). This means he has to make decisions such as a FPGA/MCU selection with limited memory and not to offer fringe features like wifi/audio/local playback, etc.

What is the f16v3 price after the pre-sale? Have just drop a bunch on lights for 2017 and would like to delay f16v3 purchase for awhile is price differents is minimal.

I Either not listed or I have simple missed it on web site, what is the warrenty for your products. Thanks

Dave only has one price all year.

Warranty???? this is a hobby diy product. However, Dave is really good at supporting the things that he offers.

What is the f16v3 price after the pre-sale? Have just drop a bunch on lights for 2017 and would like to delay f16v3 purchase for awhile is price differents is minimal.

I Either not listed or I have simple missed it on web site, what is the warrenty for your products. Thanks

The issue is not so much price, but availability. In the group buy, you know you are going to get the units you need. After the group buy, there may be some available and there may not.

You get Dave's cell phone number and an invitation to call him any time. He unbricked my F16v2 after I screwed it up, and later fixed the problems I was having on my mega tree that were not controller related. Not a bad warranty from my perspective.

Just out of curiosity how many V3 have been preordered so far?
I preordered mine a week ago and looking forward to get it in a few month :) :) :)

I was finalizing what I needed this weekend and noticed the F8-Distro boards now show as out-of-stock. I was hoping to order these together with my F16V3. Thought I'd have the month to get my order in. Any chance this is a mistake and I can still order them or they will be available again later in the year?

Back