Feature Request: Modify This Effects

szaske

The "Modify This Effect" dialog box is very powerful, but one thing you cannot do is select a large number of effects and set the END color for all the effects. I'd like the dialog to have 2 additional options:

1. Change Start Color
2. Change End Color

This would alter the Horizontal color chase effect for all effects selected.

I like HLS's ability to do "Chase RGB Color Horizontally". Unfortunately sometime I don't want to have the effect change colors across the timeline. Instead I want to grab 200 effects across a 30 seconds of a sequence and have every effect start with a green color and fade into a red color independent of where it is on the timeline.

Today HLS only allows me to alter 200 effects where the 1st effect is green, the next effect is slightly more red, the next even more red...and the last effect red. I hope I'm being clear. Anyway, my current situation is that I have a long sequence that is made up of hundreds of RGB channels and on those channels I've sequenced a thousand effects that are all various color ramp down effects. With my newest changes I wanted to place a white background behind the effects. That gave me the look I wanted, but then the ramp down effects looked strange because my existing effects were still fading to BLACK, instead of them fading to WHITE like I want them to. I tried every way I could think of to take my thousand effects and convert them from fade to black to fade to white...but I could not do it. The only way to do it would be to select each effect separately and apply a chase horizontal color effect and that would take hours and hours to accomplish. If the "Modify This Effect" dialog box gave me the ability to change the start and end colors it would save me a LOT of work.

-=Steve

okay pictures are needed. This is what I want the sequence to look like.

modify8-whatiwant.jpg

Notice that each effect starts green and fades to white. and the important thing is that every effect looks the same. How can I achieve this in HLS? I can do it but it takes a lot of work. The trick is that I need to select only one column of effects at a time. Like this:

modify11-1column.JPG

This gives me the look I'm trying to achieve. But it's extremely time consuming to do this for a whole song. So I think, hey, just select all of the effects and do the same "Chase RGB Colors Horizontally". Here is a screenshot:

modify9-whatidid.jpg

And if you do that, this is what you get:

modify10-whatigot.jpg.

Lots of strangeness here. First, I asked HLS to start green and end white, and yet HLS did it reversed, starting white and ending green. If you really examine it you'll notice that what HLS did was leave the end color green and slowly fade the start color from white to green across the whole series of effects. So the first effect in the series (the left most effect) did in fact fade from white-2-green...but just backwards. The next effect faded from "green-tinted white-2-green" the 3rd effect faded from "slightly-more-green white-2-green"...on and on until the last effect in the series was faded from green-2-green.

Now this might be how you designed it, or it might be a bug on your part. But the feature I'm asking for is a way to select a whole bunch of effects and have them be effects by the same horizontal color change, where I can set the start color and the end color, and then all get set correctly. Does this make more sense?

-=Steve

Back