File Library

P. Short

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there any hope that the long-departed file library will be resurrected? There are (were) files there that people might want to access at some time, such as the PIC16F1825 Renard Firmware that is referenced on the 'Renard Firmware' wiki page.

The File Library was a plug in with VB3. The data should still be there but no chance of bringing back "The File Library" as we knew it.

That is the pitfall we fell into. When we customize things for better functionality to fit our needs we become trapped and can not upgrade. That is why I have decided to just have to forum function as intended without any modifications. This way we can upgrade as needed. If we can not upgrade the software then the host can not upgrade the software on the server. That leads to vulnerabilities for the site, server and host. I pushed things off as long as I could.

How difficult would it be to manually recover "The data should still be there"?

I'm laid up until this summer and rebuilding the file library is a worthwhile project to tinker with.

You would have to figure out where the files were stored, in the db or in the file structure. Then we can parse out the needed data. I tried searching but could not find any reference. If you want to search it would be vBulletin v4 and CMS with Blogs.

I know it's probably not this simple, vBulletin v3 to Xenforo 2 converter?

create a temporary site to bring the old data forward from the vB3 database to expose the uploaded user files then manually copy said files?

or resurrect the old vB3 database in a private server long enough to download the user uploaded files?

Any way you slice this, its going to be a pain

I know it's probably not this simple, vBulletin v3 to Xenforo 2 converter?

create a temporary site to bring the old data forward from the vB3 database to expose the uploaded user files then manually copy said files?

or resurrect the old vB3 database in a private server long enough to download the user uploaded files?

Any way you slice this, its going to be a pain
VB3 is a 16-bit app and applications generated with it will likely not run on Windows 10 or later unless the 32-bit version of Windows 10 is used.

Maybe it's best to let sleeping dogs lie, since nobody that I'm aware of has requested it's resurrection.

The timing of this post is funny to me. I found myself wanting to add a couple of DC SSR's to a Renard64XC for 2024 show. There are no vendors or coup buys for these boards around thus I have looked for Gerber files to have the boards built. I came across in the wiki that Labrat had uploaded his DCSSR2.4 files to the library - not available.
If it is possible I would greatly appreciate the access to the library.
Many THANKS to all those managing and keeping this forum running. It has been a huge source of information that started my blinky experience and keeps it going.

There are some Gerbers available at the green site in our file library area, including the DC SSR from the DIGWDF engineers. And if there's a picture of the DCSSR2.4 it shouldn't be too difficult to reproduce a PCB layout from it....

The timing of this post is funny to me. I found myself wanting to add a couple of DC SSR's to a Renard64XC for 2024 show. There are no vendors or coup buys for these boards around thus I have looked for Gerber files to have the boards built. I came across in the wiki that Labrat had uploaded his DCSSR2.4 files to the library - not available.
If it is possible I would greatly appreciate the access to the library.
Many THANKS to all those managing and keeping this forum running. It has been a huge source of information that started my blinky experience and keeps it going.
Can you give me the link to the file that is not working? Maybe I can find it for you.

Is there any hope that the long-departed file library will be resurrected? There are (were) files there that people might want to access at some time, such as the PIC16F1825 Renard Firmware that is referenced on the 'Renard Firmware' wiki page.
Are you looking for this PIC16F1825 Renard Firmware ?

Hi Angus

Short answer is yes.

Through the upgrades of the Vbulletin versions as well as the Wiki software, some files are lost or very difficult to retrieve.

If you have older downloaded files from the Forum and Wiki let us know what you have available and we can get the missing files and links restored as we encounter them.

Back