Finally a Candy cane designed for pixels .

Looks like HDPE tube with hot glue drizzled all over it. Am I close? I wants it.

This has been almost seven years in conception !
For now I am protecting these props as intellectual property .
I may release the how to for a fee and a signed Non-Disclosure and/or make them to sell retail .

Proudly designed-created & Hand Made in Canada ......... Not China .

Last edited:
This has been almost seven years in conception !
I may release the how to for a fee and a signed Non-Disclosure and/or make them to sell retail .

Shut up and take my money. :). I’ll even comp you a solid NDA. If you’re planning to patent it though, you start a clock running with the first one you sell. May be best to treat initial distribution as R&D.

Last edited:
That looks exactly like the Chinese candy canes I bought a couple of years ago. They’re made of cut up plastic pieces that are glued together. You can get a lot of props made of that stuff. They make snowmen and figures like Snoopy. Mine came with white incandescents. The biggest problem I have with those is they get soft and crack easily. They also turn yellow in the attic and have to sit in the sun for a while before they’re white again.

That looks exactly like the Chinese candy canes I bought a couple of years ago. They’re made of cut up plastic pieces that are glued together. You can get a lot of props made of that stuff. They make snowmen and figures like Snoopy. Mine came with white incandescents. The biggest problem I have with those is they get soft and crack easily. They also turn yellow in the attic and have to sit in the sun for a while before they’re white again.

Ahhhh so that's the secret to get rid of yellowing !
Shhhhh , don't let them know these come from CHINA . lmao :)

It looks great.

All we could wish for is for you to remember where you started once you have made all those millions of dollars.
Those of us who admire your ability and work are truly thankful for your offerings. :biggrin:

Thank you the for your comments algerdes and barbotte.

algerdes
The cost involved in making these currently may limit marketability.
If I am to make $$ selling them , I want assure that these type of props are a centerpiece in any display (quality wise) :)

barbotte
Any style of pixels can be used with them !

barbotte
Any style of pixels can be used with them !

But I'm guessing you used strips or some of the new WS2811 5050 mesh matrix Ray has been selling. At the distance you're filming, the resolution on the effect is too sharp to be bullet nodes unless you have them stacked right on top of each other.:)

Last edited:
Back