Finally a Candy cane designed for pixels .

Dude your on a DIY forum, aka do-it-yourself-christmas. Have only been a member here for a few years as I just got into the pixels but don’t think I’ve ever seen a more selfish posting any Diy forum Whether it is Xmas lights or home improvement a DIY community is all about sharing knowledge not posting something and asking for NDAs in order to learn how ‘to do it yourself’. The cane looks great and I too have tried the past few years to figure out how to bring back the 100s of el-cheapie big box store canes into my display now that I’ve moved onto to pixels, so go market and sell your product as I’d probable purchase it but don’t tease and be rude on a community intended to share and help others build a great holiday light display the old do-it-yourself way.

But I'm guessing you used strips or some of the new WS2811 5050 mesh matrix Ray has been selling. At the distance you're filming, the resolution on the effect is too sharp to be bullet nodes unless you have them stacked right on top of each other.:)

I used ws2812b 60/m in the video demo as the cane is 180 . I have now made a 360 cane and only customized bullet style pixels
will work the best for illumination ( strip would need to be 4 sided ) and ease of installation .
I should have a demo of a 360 standing soon , but will not pursue making them for this year .

Dude your on a DIY forum, aka do-it-yourself-christmas. Have only been a member here for a few years as I just got into the pixels but don’t think I’ve ever seen a more selfish posting any Diy forum Whether it is Xmas lights or home improvement a DIY community is all about sharing knowledge not posting something and asking for NDAs in order to learn how ‘to do it yourself’. The cane looks great and I too have tried the past few years to figure out how to bring back the 100s of el-cheapie big box store canes into my display now that I’ve moved onto to pixels, so go market and sell your product as I’d probable purchase it but don’t tease and be rude on a community intended to share and help others build a great holiday light display the old do-it-yourself way.

My name is not dude .
You are in the HLS Forum replying to a thread on a prop that is in the beginning stages of possibly becoming marketable for possibly members here .
This is not the how to or for sale forum .
I posted here to get feed back from other HLS users as I have done with effects in the past .
It is unfortunate that you feel that I was rude somehow in sharing a demo and being forward with my intent .
Thank you for posting your opinion !

All videos are on hold pending negotiation.
I have a manufacturer considering purchase of my product designs .
In agreement it was agreed to cease any self promotion of these products during negotiations .
Cheers

Back