Finally got to do a parade with the floats. Mardi Gras!

plasmadrive

Supporting Member
Sat we got to take the floats out for the first time in an actual parade. I was very happy how they performed, and it appears the crowds loved them. We had no radio issues or Pi issues. The worst we got was three LEDs on one of the single color strips when dark. No biggy for sure. Lots of battery power left over after the mile long parade. We actually ran about 1.5hr for the parade itself and then another hour just the lights parked with other floats and art cars.

Someone else sent this pic. Resized_IMG_4028.jpg This was parked after the parade for people to come see things up close.

We had some Mardi Gras fun!

Oh yeah.. we had another interview on TV.. LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXkMZOL8DQ There was actually another segment after the commercial but they don't post those..

Last edited:
Probably to late for this Year but the St Patrick's Day Parade in Savannah Ga. is one of the Biggest in the Country for that Holiday. Plus its close to
me and I could see them in person, LOL. They look Great!

Probably to late for this Year but the St Patrick's Day Parade in Savannah Ga. is one of the Biggest in the Country for that Holiday. Plus its close to
me and I could see them in person, LOL. They look Great!
Ha ha.. your just a little far away from California

Thanks for putting on the class for us at Virtual Christmas Summit!

Now that you showed us how it's done, it looks so easy to imitate that it's not even fair to the guy who thought of it.

Thanks for putting on the class for us at Virtual Christmas Summit!

Now that you showed us how it's done, it looks so easy to imitate that it's not even fair to the guy who thought of it.

I hope the presentation was worth the time to watch it. It is weird doing a Zoom thing.. especially since we didn't have any audio feedback capability. They fixed it for the ones after mine..

Ha ha.. I hope others will give it a try. It is pretty time consuming and it costs a lot more than you might think, but in the end it is fun to do and somewhat a departure from Christmas lights in the yard..

Thanks for watching and the comment..
Craig

I would have thought the wheelchair was over half the cost. Some of us have...family situations....and we already have the wheelchairs.

I would have thought the wheelchair was over half the cost. Some of us have...family situations....and we already have the wheelchairs.

Actually I bought the two wheelchairs for $150 each off of FB Market place. The two I had to build from scratch cost way more, like 6-8 times more. If you have a power wheelchair that is good enough for weight and speed, that is a great place to start. Attachment however can be an issue. You have to figure that out and of course they are all different.

If you got them into a place like Disney, their HR department is always looking for ways to hire ADA. You are offering them a role where a mobility handicapped is genuinely the right person for the job. Get this in front of their HR and legal, and that alone could land you the account. Magical Light Experiences is already talking to Disney.

If you got them into a place like Disney, their HR department is always looking for ways to hire ADA. You are offering them a role where a mobility handicapped is genuinely the right person for the job. Get this in front of their HR and legal, and that alone could land you the account. Magical Light Experiences is already talking to Disney.

Thanks, but the last thing I need is a job. LOL I'm happy doing play time..

Back