Firegod Wireless- is it possible?

Stgtech

I'm in the process of completing my FireGod controller and as I was browsing around on here I stumbled across the Renard Wireless...

Is there any reason this circuit couldn't be used to wirelessly send the RS-485 from the Firegod PC interface to the field modules?

Of course that would mean each field module would need its own power supply of 5vdc but thats not too hard...

Or am I missing some really big concept here?

Thanks,
Aaron

Ren-W is just a wireless serial gizmo and can handle up to 57600 baud. Ought to work although you might have to make your own RJ45 connections if FireGod's is different than Renard.

Ya know, I had that same idea this year... i picked up a few REN-W boards and was going to expermiment with wireless to my FG's.... it's crunch time now finishing up for this years' display but after the season is over I plan on building up the ren-w's and will try it out.

One thing to note.. FG firmware is by default 115,200 baud... there are some firmware's out there from David that run at 57600, but I believe the default is 115200 which if i understand correctly is not possible on a ren-w... Just fyi there... -James

Also STG.... let us know how your FG's perform this year! GregInCanby and I are still fighting a problem that neither of us has been able to track down with some flickering on our FG's.... I don't want to hijack this thread but if you get a chance, post a new thread with your results! Thanks! -James

Still recovering from Halloween. After clean up I'll start getting out Christmas. Full scale FG test on the way.

Greg

Back