Fog Generator

munu

I am looking for a fog generator for Halloween that can output fog for a few hours. I am willing to modify the unit if necessary. I searched the forum for "fog" but nothing came up (I must be doing something wrong). In any case, I bought one last year from Amazon but it just came on intermittent. Not sure if it overheated or what but I ended up returning it. Any recommendation and suggestion to make it last is appreciated. Also the fog liquid can add up. Are you just buying it or making your own incl. some special smell for Halloween (and something nicer for x-mas).

Attachments

• fog1.png
    fog1.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 20
I think I remember forgetting to dilute the liquid is a great way to shorten the machine's life. And letting it run out of juice while it's running. I'm not a huge fan of fog or snow outdoors, but during periods of high traffic and favorable weather I'll let it go. I leave the channel on the scheduler, but it is unplugged most of the time.

I searched the forum for "fog" but nothing came up (I must be doing something wrong).
I believe the forum search engine requires 4 or more letters to search.

In any case, I bought one last year from Amazon but it just came on intermittent.
This is normal for almost any fog machine. There is a warmup cycle between fog bursts. For my first "controllable" fog machine, I simply wired a pressure activated relay switch to the remote. then when people stepped on it, it would produce fog.

Also the fog liquid can add up. Are you just buying it or making your own
I do not make my own. There is the very real potential to ruin your fog machine.

. some special smell for Halloween (and something nicer for x-mas).

You could checkout Froggy's Fog. They make a number of nice machines that are durable and have scents. There are a couple of people who have Fobbles F4's on the forum, including me. These are fully DMX controllable machines and have the ability to produce: bubbles, fog, haze or fog filled scented bubbles. Additionally, they have integrated RGB lighting for additional lighting effects.

It is also important to determine your use case. if you are looking to fog up a small area like a cauldron then a small ultrasonic fogger from amazon should do the trick. An ultrasonic fogger runs anywhere from $10 to $3,000 depending on the volume of fog you are wanting. Additionally, ultrasonic foggers tend to be ground cover only.

In my use case, the fog/bubble machine only runs as kids are coming up to trick-or-treat and use to consist of me turning it on/of as kids approached. This year I am considering moving to an auto trigger using a PicoDMX from Frightprops. Either way, I have never ran out of fog fluid or bubble juice. And by only triggering when kids come up, the system has time to warmup between cycles.

Last edited:
My cheap 1/2 price walmart fogger is good enough for me. The warmup cycle is typically 2 as long as the fog burst so if I wanted continuous fog, I would just get three cheapos and figure out how to time them one after the other. I actually think having the "clear time" in between brings other dimensions to the halloween display. I especially like how it moves away on cooler light wind days and nights. Now that I think about it having another cheapo would be fun to have running on the other side of planter bed so the fog could obscure the things hanging in the trees. Then the fog would wrap the yard in two directions giving nice double chills.

If I was going to buy another one, I would look for one that either has an automatic mode, an external trigger (not a switch although external switches tend to be easy to hack) or dmx control. I would prefer controlling it but the auto mode would work too. And I would probably put lights on it because I think lights are pretty.

Back