Frequency Analyzer code

MartinMueller2003

Supporting Member
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the frequency analyzer add-on code? I would like to add a real color organ function to it (brightness of channel is a function of the energy in the frequency bin) as opposed to the current trigger 0 / 100% mechanism. I know this will be short lived since Vixen three is coming out but I am using Vixen 2.1 and would like to play with this effect. Maybe next year I will move on to Vixen three or something else.

Martin

Thanks, but the link gets me the dll. I am looking or the source code that was used to make the dll.

Martin

I think some folks use .NET reflector to rip out the code from it - not sure if you can modify from that or not but I thought I've seen where people have.

Do you want C# or VB?
don

Whatever the original code was written in. For me, C# would be best. I can port from VB to C# but that always runs the risk of introducing errors.

NOTE: I looked into the .NET reflector. It looks like RedGate is charging for it ($99USD) and the freeware versions all tend to be getting low marks.

Martin

Hi Guys

I have stumbled into the source repository for Vixen 3. I hope there is a similar repository for Vixen 2. Anyone have a pointer to where it might be?

Also, I got the iSpy reflector to dump the DLL. It will help get me going. Too bad all of the comments are only available in the original source. At any rate, I have my starting point. Off the the hacking place I go. :)

Martin

By any chance can you sift through the code and find the author? The one issue you might have is it depends who wrote the code since Vixen 2 was always closed source it might be hard to find the original and it may not be public. You might try PM'ing KC himself and it's possible he may know.

The Author name in the code is KC himself. I will give him a shout.

I am running into a few minor issues since I am using Visual Studio 2010 pro and it looks like the plugin was initially compiled using an earlier version. Minor things like throwing a warning when trying to set IntPtr = 0; without typecasting the 0 or using IntPtr.Zero and places where he did typecast null to use as zero etc.

To tell the truth, this code is pretty easy to follow. KC has done a good job.

Martin

I've used the freeware version successfully.

By this I assume you mean RedGate 6.0. When I went to the website, all I saw was the latest version they are selling for $99. As I mentioned, I did get iSpy to work and while it had a few oddities (miss-handling IntPtr), it worked very well and gave me a great starting point.

By "frequency analyzer" said:
The package I am modifying is:

Spectrum
144.0 KiBActs like a 31-band equalizer, allowing you to set up band-to-channel mappings and threshold levels. The results are events that are created in response to certain decibel levels of frequency bands.

I managed to get it to work as a color organ over the weekend and am now in the process of cleaning it up and making the CO settings configurable. Not quite happy with the 31 bands so I am adding a mechanism to combine arbitrary bands into a color band that then outputs a relative value based on the current energy point between two reference points. I am not going to have a lot of time to work on it this week but I should get some time next weekend.

Martin

Back