Getting Started with ESP32 and the ESPixelstick FW

The issue is always way more obvious after the fact!

@Martin - do you think it would be appropriate to indicate the needed IDE Partition scheme in the README? If so, should I log an issue on Github or what's the appropriate avenue here?

Thanks.

Thanks for this thread.

I too am getting the error when trying to run the latest commits compiled/uploaded from platform IO.

./components/esp_littlefs/src/littlefs/lfs.c:1071:error: Corrupted dir pair at {0x0, 0x1}

I went back thru this thread and tried opening arduino IDE and changing the partition size to minimal spiffs. Then rebuilt and reuploaded from platform IO but it didnt seem to change anything.

Sorry a little new to platformIO so not sure if Im doing something wrong.

Trying to build for ESP32-WROOM-32

arduino ide settings are not used by platformio. if you did a clean pio build then it would have set the flash to minimal spiffs. did you remember to upload the fs image? that is a seperate build/upload step.

arduino ide settings are not used by platformio. if you did a clean pio build then it would have set the flash to minimal spiffs. did you remember to upload the fs image? that is a seperate build/upload step.

Hey Martin. Thanks for your reply,

Yes, I did the gulp build and then did Build Filesystem Image,then Upload Filesystem Image (from the PIO menu in vscode)

Thanks, I downloaded and flashed from your provided zip...

It works depending on the hardware I select; there a couple that seem to flash and boot OK from ESPFlashtool (eg. D1 DevkitC and Olimex ESP32 Gateway both do appear to work).

But if I select other ESP32 based hardware like D1 Mini or Generic ESP32, I get errors different from what I get in PIO:

15:33:16: E (326) psram: PSRAM ID read error: 0xffffffff

Last edited:
The PSRAM error indicates you are loading an image that expects hardware WITH PSRAM and you are running it on hardware that does not have PSRAM

Back