Great starter book

I picked up a breadboard from Radio Shack last night. Also thinking about getting the ARDUINO to start tinkering around with some RGB and DC motors..

I got an Uno and a Mega from some Amazon gift cards I got - looking forward to playing with them soon. I was going to download that same book on my Kindle app but haven't done it yet. There are lots of resources on the web as well for everything 'duino...

How cool is this. I've never been the 1st post of a forum before.

Anyway, When I got my ARDUINO from Radio Shack, they had a pretty decent book. It is a great basic introduction to the board.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12264446

Arduino can be a great tool to learn C code also along with having a small form factor dedicated board with multiple shields.

There are a lot of software and shields out in the world today.

I would think there is a potential for this avenue. There is a library for the TLC5970 16 channel PWM chip from TI. I think a WS2601/2803 library could be easily developed.

The nice thing is the AVR can be programmed in a C or even assembly.

Cost is not a bad item either. The Arduino Pro 328 5V board is in the $20 range and all the programming software and environment is free to download.

Probably the most expensive of the boards is the Adruino Mega 2560 boards at around $60.

james

Back