Greyed out play, play from, pause and stop

ccates

Hi. I've been working with Vixen 1.1.11 on a sequence and I have encountered a problem. After working with it awhile I went away for a bit. When I brought it back up the play controls are grayed out. The associated keys (f5 etc) also don't work.
Can anyone explain this? I can't work with this sequence anymore and I have invested several hours so far. I can load a different sequence and it runs fine. I have reloaded the song with no change. I have tried copying the file and running the copy with no luck. Can anybody give me a clue? Is it a id10t error?

Thanks

I don’t know why it’s doing that and never saw it happen for me but can you at least highlight anything on the sequence grid? If so, you can just copy and paste into another sequence; you can have more than one sequence open. You might also try using copy channel, which would be faster if it works. In either case, you should back up your sequence before doing anything.

BTW, I always back up my complete Vixen directory to a USB memory stick. I use this to carry everything between home and work. This also gives me a couple of current backups and one step backwards. I started backing up right after I lost my first three hour sequence.

Still

It's still messed up. Now it won't play new sequences. Still plays old sequences though. IT acts like a trial version that has passed it's expiration date and has locked out features but I thought it was freeware? Am I missing something?

Yep, VIxen is freeware. Sounds like you may have a corrupted file of some sort. Can you attach it?

-Matt

ccates,

I experienced a similar problem when I ran the vixen software, sequences and songs from a flash drive. If I saved a sequence and pulled the flash drive without stopping the device it would create corrupt files. Any chance this is the run environment you are using?

Bill

I'm gonna back up the sequences and blow everything else out and start over.
Maybe that'll help. I'll let you know.

Back