grinch display 2010

alanf

This is the first year I have done characters and don't really know how to price them. they are made out of luan, and hand painted. any help form the pros. Do you recommend selling them this year or holding on to them till next year at the beginning of the season.

Attachments

• Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Picture 079.jpg
    Picture 079.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Picture 080.jpg
    Picture 080.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture 081.jpg
    Picture 081.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Picture 082.jpg
    Picture 082.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 139
Alan, those are just delightful! Beautiful work! Why are you trying to sell them? I'd think you'd want to hang onto those forever!!!

I plan on doing a different theme every year, and I dont want to reuse and the income will help to offset the growing obsession

Our neighborhood is doing a yearly who-ville theme. I was wondering if you used a song from The Grinch stole Christmas and how it turned out? I keep looking at it thinking they are not the best song to animate lights too. What are you thinking for your characters. I might know some neighbors who are interested if the price was right and shipping was not extreme.

I did not have an animated display this year. I am planning on building a controller for next year

Pricing on something like this is tricky (niche market and all, one of a kind...). Maybe you could make out better making trades toward you animation goals?

I've sequenced "You're a mean one Mr. Grinch" two years ago - it's a very good one to sequence. The part where the Grinch's heart grows is easy to sequence as well.

I was thinking in the 400 range. 100 on grinch,75 on each section of who's, 75 on Cindy Lou, and 75 on who train. Plus shipping which would probably be very expensive since they are large pieces(roughly half sheets)

Budude,

Do you have a video of it tucked away you could post. It will be my first animation next year and I am looking for ideas.

Alanf,

Sorry I can't spend that on cut outs. Although I do have family in phoenix we rarely drive it so you are right shipping would be high. I also think 400 is a bit pricey.

Love it. I might like to do the Grinch/whoville next year but also have an ideal for something else. Did all the Peanut charactors this past year. I try to do a different theme each year as well. Last year I did "Christmas Vacation" and the previous year I did the charactors from Roudolph and Frosty (Rankin/Bass). My first year I did a nativity theme.

Back