Halloween Face Sequences Wanted...

mjdmclane

Man on a budget here but wants to put together 4 singing faces for next Halloween. I was wondering if anyone was willing to share their face sequence profiles for Vixen? I would love to get "this is Halloween", "Haunted Mansion", or "Monster Mash", but would appreciate anything anyone is willing to give. I'm building up 4 faces with 7 channels each. I am aware of HolidayCoro and several websites that sell their sequences, at this point my wife is going to kill me if I spend any more money! I realize that each of these sequences take hours upon hours to create so I appreciate anyone willing to share. Thanks!

Do a search on here for papagayo. It's a (free?) program that does the voice translations from audio files, and there is also a plugin for vixen on here too. In theory if I am correct, you run the audio through papagayo, put the output file from that into the plugin for vixen, and ta-da! You have an animated face. This will do just the mouth movements, so if you have channels for the eyes, you will still have to manually do them.

So the "Land O Lights" sequences would be a good starting point but the pumpkin only sings for one voice and skips over all the rest, so there would be a lot of filling in the blanks. If that is the route I need to take I can do it. It would be awsome if the pumpkin sang throughout the song and then it would simply be cut and paste to the right face. Still holding out hope that someone is willing to share....

Not to hijack, but does anyone know what Frame rate I should use in Papgayo? I had it on 24 (default) and then did the voices, exported the voice, and imported to vixen, and its wayyy off.. Is there a tutorial for vixen and papagayo or anyone have any suggestions?

I wanna say 30 FPS but don't remember why - think there was a link somewhere about it but it was a while ago...

Not to hijack, but does anyone know what Frame rate I should use in Papgayo? I had it on 24 (default) and then did the voices, exported the voice, and imported to vixen, and its wayyy off.. Is there a tutorial for vixen and papagayo or anyone have any suggestions?

The papagayo fps needs to be calculated from the Vixen Event Period(VEP) that you want to use. It can be calculated as follows: fps = 1000/VEP(ms)
i.e.
VEP Papagayo
100 ms = 10 fps
50 ms = 20 fps
25 ms = 40 fps

OK, I was flipping through www.holidaycoro.com website and realized that they sold the sequences separately for $4 a piece and that includes all four faces as well as 16 other channels of design. For whatever reason I thought the only way you could get the sequences is by buying the coro faces first. Since I'm only wanting about 4 songs, $16 doesn't sound that bad now.

So here is my question because for some reason I can't find the answer myself. What type of sequences is holidaycoro selling? Are they Vixen sequences or something else?

Just found this link:
http://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?ID=40

Nearly all of our sequences are designed to work with the following commerically avaiaible sequencing applications:
Light-O-Rama (LOR) Showtime Suite versions 2 (S2) and 3 (S3) without any modifications
Vixen 2.1 without any modifications
xLights 2012 without modifications (LOR formatted files)
LightShow Pro 2.x by import (LOR formatted files)
If you have an Animated Lighting controller we recommend you see this post on how you can work with our sequences to get them working on AL hardware.

OK, I was flipping through www.holidaycoro.com website and realized that they sold the sequences separately for $4 a piece and that includes all four faces as well as 16 other channels of design. For whatever reason I thought the only way you could get the sequences is by buying the coro faces first. Since I'm only wanting about 4 songs, $16 doesn't sound that bad now.

So here is my question because for some reason I can't find the answer myself. What type of sequences is holidaycoro selling? Are they Vixen sequences or something else?

Last year we offered the sequences with the faces and a package of all the sequences but a number of customers asked for the ability to purchase individual sequences. So, now we offer both individuals and a "value pack". I think you'll find them much cheaper than those selling on ebay for $30 per sequence.

Our sequences are created in LOR S2 and converted to Vixen 2.1 with the java converter.

Thanks,
David
HolidayCoro

Does anybody know if the sequences from dmoore works with lightshowpro 2.0 if its imported into the program. I know it says it can be done with lightshowpro 1.8.

Does anybody know if the sequences from dmoore works with lightshowpro 2.0 if its imported into the program. I know it says it can be done with lightshowpro 1.8.

I know that LSP has had some LOR import issues in the past but I would not expect any issues with 2.0. Personally I export from LSP in LOR format and then do a bit of adjustment and play sequences in xLights - I've found it to be much more stable and reliable than LSP's scheduler has been in the past.

Back