Harbor Freight cases 50%

fabiousa7

Today HF is selling their 3800 case for $19.99, I recently paid $30 for them, below is a picture of my controller box using the 2800 which is a bit smaller.
0aa5d304c1aac3fadef59b8c8bcd7424.jpg
5ce6871298167ee42c250d7dd48da54f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I like a number of things you did with spacers & such, but did you cover up the PSU's fan with a big piece of acrylic? And then have another fan almost right on the other side of it? Looks like if you cut open a piece of that acrylic, you would have a direct air path from the PSU, through the other fan, and out; while air intake would go in through the cable glands.

Yes, kindda. This is my very first controller box, so I was leaning and testing as I built it.

I drilled holes all around the acrylic, but generally it covers both PSUs, with the side gaps and half inch holes.

In general it runs pretty cool driving 1500 pixels of my mega tree here in NC.
7f94730015ece42718ad2b6841931282.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I just ran to my Harbor Freight and the guy there said people were like vultures this morning and grabbed them all.

You can get away with all kinds of bad/non-existent thermal engineering at Christmas. I set up my controllers for Halloween in September. It'll hit upper 90's, and the Kulp temperature sensors will shut the Beaglebone down.

Just IMHO it looks very easy to just cut a larger hole above the PSU fan, and you'll get very good airflow (then again, also good water flow, if your box is sitting in the wrong direction).

Back