Helix and LED Triks

kiowamike

Anybody using a Helix system and LED Triks together? I am; and I am wondering how other people are incorporating the two. I currently use my LED Triks as my "Tune to" sign and I use a batch file to execute the sign. It works fine but it is a pain to manually launch and terminate the sign every night. I was thinking of using a script file to automatically start and stop the program. The only problem is that I don't know how to write script files. Also as a side note, the launcher plugin in Vixen has never worked right for me, so that kind of makes that a dead end.
I appreciate any input from the crowd.
Thanks,
Mike

I'm using both together, and like you I'm controlling the LEDtriks separately using a batch file that I have to start and stop every night. I'm actually doing it wirelessly though using a Ren-W. Greg is going to try to incorporate LEDtriks control into the Helix, he just didn't have the time to work on it this year.

...Greg is going to try to incorporate LEDtriks control into the Helix, he just didn't have the time to work on it this year.

Thank you Mike for fielding this one. I plan to make this a priority for next year. I would like to get some ideas from the users on some use cases.

My thoughts were you would add a channel to your Vixen Sequence that would be assigned to the Triks-C. Then in the HNS application you would create an ordered list of your LEDTriks sequences. You could then use the values in this list and the dedicated channel in Vixen to "trigger" your LEDTriks sequences at the desired points in your sequence. This is very similiar to the way I understand the TriksC application works. I've already worked out the code for the firmware at a high level for this. I just need to fully flesh it out and modify the HNS application. Would this methodolgy work for the way you would like to use the Helix to control the LEDTriks?

Are there any other features/capabilities w.r.t. the Helix controlling the LEDTriks you would like to see implemented? I can't promise anything but if it is feasible I'll give it a try.

Thank you Mike for fielding this one. I plan to make this a priority for next year. I would like to get some ideas from the users on some use cases.

My thoughts were you would add a channel to your Vixen Sequence that would be assigned to the Triks-C. Then in the HNS application you would create an ordered list of your LEDTriks sequences. You could then use the values in this list and the dedicated channel in Vixen to "trigger" your LEDTriks sequences at the desired points in your sequence. This is very similiar to the way I understand the TriksC application works. I've already worked out the code for the firmware at a high level for this. I just need to fully flesh it out and modify the HNS application. Would this methodolgy work for the way you would like to use the Helix to control the LEDTriks?

Are there any other features/capabilities w.r.t. the Helix controlling the LEDTriks you would like to see implemented? I can't promise anything but if it is feasible I'll give it a try.

Greg, I think that would work out great. Having the .led sequences be triggered from the Vixen sequence would allow for song titles as well as a "Tune to" sign.

If so, you can benefit from a question I asked four years ago yesterday:
That helps me out a bunch, thanks.
Thank you Mike for fielding this one. I plan to make this a priority for next year. I would like to get some ideas from the users on some use cases
Glad I could help. I have read a few things here and there about its incorporation but i knew it was a ways away. In either case i am patiently waiting.

Back