Helix Network Supervisor fails to save files on XP

tealman353

Hi. I'm almost done soldering together my first Helix Network controller. I want to try to get to know the Helix Network Supervisor while I'm waiting for some backordered parts. I have installed the latest version of HNS on Windows XP and it just throws unhandled exceptions left and right. It's always the same error:
Could not find part of the path: [the path where I tried to save the trigger file or show file or map file]

I've tried restarting the program and the computer multiple times. Same errors every time.
What am I doing wrong? I checked the path and every folder along the path exists just as it should, but the HNS is unable to save the files I create with it.

Thanks.
-Tim

Thanks. That version doesn't have many of the features I need it to have (like what V3 has).
I was able to resolve it by uninstalling V3, installing V2 that you gave me the link for, then installing V3 over the old version of V2. A weird fix, but it is working now. My first Helix Network Controller is now fully functional, the backordered parts arrived in the mail (all except the non-essential yellow LEDs which will arrive in October).

Glad to hear you have a fix. Are you building a version 3 Helix Main Board?

If so are you also building either a Helix Daughter or Helix SSR Daughter board(s)?

I'm assuming you aren't jumping into pixels, but if so a Helix Ethernode board would be required.

I'm using my Renard 64XC boards with 4-channel SSRs that I soldered and have been using for years. I had to make the patch cable, but it works great. I had fun soldering up the Helix Main Board.

Back