Hermy21 kulp mount

JohnByrne

Anyone print the Hermy21 flush mount solid looking mount for the K16ab? Would be interested in buying a copy. Darn I need to carve out time to assemble my still in box Prusa lol

No replies which it turns out is a good thing. It motivated me to unbox the Prusa kit. 4 hours in and my MK3S+ is half together. Frame is done leaving the extruder assembly and wiring. Fit is excellent thus far. WIfe already wants big 3d printed light bulbs for next Christmas. About time to get this going. After all I bought it as a present to myself LAST BLACK FRIDAY ha ha ha.

"No replies" were because we don't even have a box to "unbox". You are ahead of the game for most of us. :unsure::)

Lol I'm pretty excited for sure to finally get this printer assembled. If things go right I may can power it up tonight and hopefully try some setup test prints. I'd love to have the kulp board mount printed this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Not sure if this is of interest to anyone but here goes. Update: Got the printer finished last night. Took my time and made sure alignment was as good as possible. Powered up and passed all self tests 1st try. Did a couple of 1st layer calibrations and after dropping the extruder down a bit over 2mm, it printed a nice layer. Did a sample print on a small sample item that came on the SD card. In this case a small whistle. The results was a perfect print. I couldn't ask for anything more from a printer. Less than 30 minutes after 1st power up and it was printing a part. Tonight I'll print the mount for the Kulp K16A-B board. Let me know if anyone wants to see the finished mount.

Slight delay. Bad storm passed by in mississippi. May be a few days before I have power again. Will update print when I can print again lol

First print is done. Had to learn to use the slicer to make the gcode file used for printing. Made a mistake and didn't have the hot plate turned on in the print file. Fixed and try 2 yielded an impressive part. There is one spot that I think the fit is a little too tight. Instead of doing an edit and reprint I'm going to shave a small amount of plastic with a razor knife. 3 minute fix versus 4 hour 57 minute print ha ha. I'm going to enjoy having this printer I think

Board in place and printed mount

Attachments

• 20230617_203617.jpg
    20230617_203617.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230617_203625.jpg
    20230617_203625.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 24
Back