HinksPix16 - Beta Release of NEW 16 port Pixel Controller

Old thread, but I'm having the same issue with my beta board. Board will obtain an IP and can be pinged from a PC, but the controller web page is not accessible (all web browsers show a "connection reset" error).

Is there a E131 transmitter actively sending data (Vixen, Xlights, FPP, etc)? No data is being transmitted

With nothing attempting to send E131 sequence data - does the Web Page come up? No

Are you located in USA? Seattle, WA

Are you attempting to open the web page on a computer or a mobile device? Attempted multiple PCs and mobile devices. None can access the web page.

Did you try switching patch cables to a known good working one ? Tried multiple patch cables. Same result

I’m having the same issues mine. It’s just my test board but I’ve tried the same with the same results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there is a server hosting the updates .
Status returns > error updating
Pairing with Easylights.com seems to be in a continuously polling loop with no reply .

Boards purchased prior to Jan 2018 had firmware that used an Amazon SSL server that did my board firmware updates.

Feb 2018 Amazon updated their SSL process which broke the update process - so auto-updates no longer worked.

If you went into the controllers menu and clicked on "Factory Update" - that version of the firmware erased the web page data - hence no web service available.

I expected people who got into the situation stated here would contact me.

I will send you a Window Program that will communicate with the board and update new firmware. Once updated - it will load the latest firmware and web page data and you will be good-to-go.

I hope this explanation helps.

Joe

Please PM me with your email address and a phone number I can call you at.

I need to walk you thru the process as it's a one time process so it not the most user friendly.

Let me know the best time to call when you are home with the controller hooked up to a network line to the Internet and your computer can talk to it.

Sorry for the inconvenience - I had a back door designed in case something unforeseen like Amazon going wrong - but I have to walk you thru it.

Joe

Joe do you still have the same phone number from back when these were sold on HC. Because I have that phone number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many thanks Joe for addressing the firmware update this quickly . !!!!!!!
The new features you have added will be a treat also :)

Best Regards

Ps. Folks Whatsapp is a good way to avoid long distance charges .

Thanks for helping me out as well, Joe!

Board is back up and running! Looking forward to messing with new features!

Joe took care of mine on Friday. Great response from him to get, what I thought was a useless board working. Everything went fine and it’s back up and running. Thanks again for the great service.

Last edited:
The last time the hinkspix16 controller worked was a year ago! Today connected it, shows the ip address, is pinged by the computer, but xLights does not see it. The web at the specified ip address is not available.
How to reset factory default? Or give a link to the instructions for self-change firmware!!!

IMG_2525.jpg

Last edited:
The last time the hinkspix16 controller worked was a year ago! Today connected it, shows the ip address, is pinged by the computer, but xLights does not see it. The web at the specified ip address is not available.
How to reset factory default? Or give a link to the instructions for self-change firmware!!!

Contact Joe. He me back up and running in 15 mins.

View attachment 42429

If I remember correctly you hold the center or down button as it boots up and it’ll take you to a menu to factory reset it. I don’t have one to test with, but give it a shot.

There was a firmware update break from the old server to the new server. You have to go to a new address to update. Contact Joe. He’ll get you up and running.

Back