HLS -- How to make an Audio View Meter using Incans or LEDs

That is sweet Joe. I have been wanting to do something like this for a while. Great videos the past couple of days. Thanks!

HLS Version 22A

Doing something like the ViewMeter is this demonstration -- the distribution of envelope values is required to properly set the trigger points --- not like the guessing I did in the video.

I added a column to the Envelope Profile Histogram that shows the accumulated envelope values from 100 going down.

THAT should enable you to better set segment trigger points.

Enjoy.

Joe

Wow Joe, that is something I've wanted for a long time. Any thoughts of doing a similar thing with frequencies?
As always, thank you for all of your hard work.
John

Played around with this feature as a test for an exploding star in RGB (though my preview was just some triangles to view it), very easy to do (though I may need to play around with triggers), now to finish the star and actually see how it looks. Thanks Joe, Great feature you have added for us HLS users.

HI Joe, how hard would it to be able to add a vdu metre where you wanted it,
ie could you select red and green ticks on the time line and have it just appear in that set area???
cheers Boof63

using the reb and green tic markers as for PP effect placement, how hard would it be to place an audio view metre within a sequence.
currently placing audio view metre rewrites all effects, if you could designate the effect as for PP then you could place it within a sequence for specific music parts and elements of your display.
cheers Boof63

Boof

Have you tried creating the meter using rgb channels then use the start/ stop markers as desired to make external pixelplane effect from rgb channels ?

using the reb and green tic markers as for PP effect placement, how hard would it be to place an audio view metre within a sequence.
currently placing audio view metre rewrites all effects, if you could designate the effect as for PP then you could place it within a sequence for specific music parts and elements of your display.
cheers Boof63

I think I understand now.

You would like an option where the auto envelope effect generation only took place between the red and green tics - right?

I can do that.

Joe

As always Joe , you are a legend, I know I give you grief at times, but you always come through with a solution,
so again thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin2:
cheers Boof63

There seems to be a bug in the Make Effects from Profile dialog if you are trying to create more than 10 effects. I tried to create a 36 segment with each being from "some value to 100" and when I hit apply, it only did that for the first 10 entries in the list. For the next 10, it seemed to treat it as "some value -> the same value", and the remaining were left blank. If I break applying the profile into groups of 10, it seems to work fine.

Right now the limit is set to 10.

What are you attempting to do at you need 36 if I may ask?

I have 36 pixels going up each side of the peek of my garage. Was thinking about using that for an audio meter. I can break it into smaller chunks, but it allowed me to enter all 36 so I kind of expected it to work. If the limit is 10, only allow 10 rows in the grid.

Back