HLS - Use WORDS in your Sequence to help you keep track of where you are

JHinkle

HLS's animation can be used for other than physical animation.

Have you been in a position in your sequence and said -- I wish there was a way of keeping track of where I am and what I want to do ....

Let animation help you.

Go to Manage Channels and create a MOUTH and a WORD channel.

I will use a single face in this example ... but you could use multiple faces if it helps.

Go to Animation and say you want a single face.

Assign all of the mouth position to a single phoneme ... you done care ... you only want WORDS.

Use notepad and write a list of every word you want to place inside your sequence as a guide and paste then into the face's song sheet.

Now "Place Animation Effects" ... you draw a selection box in the WORD channel for the length of time you want associate with your word. Hit the space bar and HLS will place the word in the channel. HLS will also place some effects in the MOUTH channel --- but wee will ignore those.

After you have dropped your words where you want them ....

Just add the WORD channel to any or all of your Display Groups (make the WORD channel the first channel to keep it on top) ....

And PRESTO ..... now you have notes throughout you sequence to help you along.

Hope that helps someone.

Joe

Joe,
I tried to follow this and could not.
I also tried to watch the Thriller video and follow this and STILL could not do it.
Can you provide a more complete instruction

Question 1: When you say "Go to Manage Channels and create a MOUTH and a WORD channel."
Do you mean a regular channel or a control channel? I did both but...

I get stuck here...
Now "Place Animation Effects" ... you draw a selection box in the WORD channel for the length of time you want associate with your word. Hit the space bar and HLS will place the word in the channel. HLS will also place some effects in the MOUTH channel --- but wee will ignore those.

After you have dropped your words where you want them ....

Just add the WORD channel to any or all of your Display Groups (make the WORD channel the first channel to keep it on top) ....

And PRESTO ..... now you have notes throughout you sequence to help you along.

Hope that helps someone.

Joe

Back