HLS - Your feedback on how I intend to Load and Edit song Lyrics for animation

JHinkle

I'm laying the ground work for working with song lyrics - for animation.

I would like to 40,000 feet explain my idea - and get yours as to if you agree or have a different point of view.

I would like to have a single document, created and controlled by HLS, that contains the following information.

Song lyrics, those lyrics associated with a specific display, and sequence time position.

My thoughts is to have the lyrics broken down by 10 words groups (or maybe 5) or a single sentence - which every is shorter.

These groups can then have a sequence time associated with that block of words so movement within the sequence would be quick and accurate.

Lyrics woold be assigned to specific displays (face) - so when actual editing your sequence - you can limit the lyric to just the display (face) in question.

As a test today - I googled for "Lyrics Thriller" - and immediately had access to a page where I highlighted and copied the text.

I then pasted into my HLS testbed - and I had the lyrics. What I did not have is the backup singer lyrics --- I still have to look into finding them.

Once obtained I can easily merge the two and then time stamp as required.

This document is then what I would then pass through my phonic dictionary to translate the words to lip-movement positions - hence - sequence channel effects.

Your comments are welcomed.

Thanks.

Joe

I'm laying the ground work for working with song lyrics - for animation.

I would like to 40,000 feet explain my idea - and get yours as to if you agree or have a different point of view.

I would like to have a single document, created and controlled by HLS, that contains the following information.

Song lyrics, those lyrics associated with a specific display, and sequence time position.

My thoughts is to have the lyrics broken down by 10 words groups (or maybe 5) or a single sentence - which every is shorter.

These groups can then have a sequence time associated with that block of words so movement within the sequence would be quick and accurate.

Lyrics woold be assigned to specific displays (face) - so when actual editing your sequence - you can limit the lyric to just the display (face) in question.

As a test today - I googled for "Lyrics Thriller" - and immediately had access to a page where I highlighted and copied the text.

I then pasted into my HLS testbed - and I had the lyrics. What I did not have is the backup singer lyrics --- I still have to look into finding them.

Once obtained I can easily merge the two and then time stamp as required.

This document is then what I would then pass through my phonic dictionary to translate the words to lip-movement positions - hence - sequence channel effects.

Your comments are welcomed.

Thanks.

Joe

Joe,

I am working with Ed and Josh on the Wiki for HLS and I am going to focus on Halloween. I was wondering if you continued down this path or if you have been side tracked? My plan is to do this sooner than later so we all have time for sequencing! I already have an SSC32 and Bobcat Servo controller and am talking with dirknerkle about getting one of his.

Thanks in advance,

Glad to have your help! Have you watched Joe's thriller videos? I haven't yet, but they may answer some of your questions. Find them on the main HLS wiki page.

Glad to have your help! Have you watched Joe's thriller videos? I haven't yet, but they may answer some of your questions. Find them on the main HLS wiki page.

I did but I am not sure how to port this over to a servo. I would imagine we could adjust the level to be different % for each word maybe? VSA does it based on the amplitude (I think) so the softer the sound the lower the % and the stronger the sound the higher the %. This is also based on the channel of audio so, for example, when I did my joking skeletons this past year, I had two channels of audio, one was assigned to one servo and the other to a second. For the display, I had each speaker behind each skeleton and the vocals matched the servo. Works well.

Any ideas how we could do that here?

Back