HOT AIR Soldering Station Recommendations ?

ukewarrior

I'd like to find a hot air station for smd work/rework, but don't want to spend much.

any good Aliexpress or other recommendations?

For the price, I like Yihua. I have a soldering station and a rework station. I believe the rework station is the 858D. I have only used it a few times though.

I bought an 862d, 2 in 1 a couple of years ago and paid about $50 for it. For the money, I thought it was built well and it performed for me the couple of times I used it. Not sure how it would perform over time, but it was cheap.

I decided on an 858 clone. I got it off amazon and will be shipped by PRIME in only 3 days.
For under $30, it seemed like a good way to go. Actually less than aliexpress.

Some folks are buying items like this in bulk and undercutting the aliexpress sellers.

Fine with me!

Try this search on ebay. "2in1 862D+ 700W 110V SMD Rework Electric Soldering Iron Station w/ Hot Air Gun"
Lots of choices. When I bought mine it was only $45 with free shipping from a US based dealer.

I ended up finding one on Amazon of all places from a USA based seller for under $30.

Got it quick and it was the best price. So, sometimes you don't have to go direct from china for the best price.

Back