How do you do the configuration on Vixen 3

Don’t want to confuse anyone but just wanted to share something that may or may not help . This guy has been a tremendous help for me as he does complete walk through videos on the E682 set up here is one , as you can check the others if you like on his channel . His series goes through building the boards to installing lights on house . And all in between.
https://youtu.be/dgtjVskh-NM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks PMiller, That's a big help to up Grade
You're welcome. By upgrading you can see its easier to control each output. You can sorta say you freed up a lot of them but you have the same amount you had from the beginning but visually you can now see them. It's less confusing what number you enter for each output. You now enter the total pixels for that single output. Just remember, each output can handle 510 channels but you can put 200, 300 or 400 pixels on one output in which case you would need to power inject. Long strings would require testing to make sure you have no signal degradation. You can tell the signal gets weaker by the reaction of the pixels at the end of the string. They may start to flicker. Color change at the end generally means power issue. Usually for 5 volt pixels you inject every 50 pixels and for 12 volt you inject every 100 pixels. However, if you set the controller for 50% or lower, you can usually double those numbers. To be sure it's best to test whether or not injection is needed for your setup.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

There is one correction in this statement: there is no signal degradation on long strings. the data signal is regenerated at every pixel. there is a voltage degradation for long strings that is fixed with power injection. if a pixel does not have enough voltage, it is unable to regenerate a clean copy of its input signal.

martin

There is one correction in this statement: there is no signal degradation on long strings. the data signal is regenerated at every pixel. there is a voltage degradation for long strings that is fixed with power injection. if a pixel does not have enough voltage, it is unable to regenerate a clean copy of its input signal.

martin
Thank you for that correction.

Since I started here and got to where i am from here, I feel I'll post here...... After I upgraded the E682 to V5, I notice the Pulse Effect in sequence is not working. during the pulse effect, the light are steady on the whole time of the effect. do I need to do something on the effect? I have the dimmer set to 50%, But i don't think that made the difference.. any suggestion...

Since I started here and got to where i am from here, I feel I'll post here...... After I upgraded the E682 to V5, I notice the Pulse Effect in sequence is not working. during the pulse effect, the light are steady on the whole time of the effect. do I need to do something on the effect? I have the dimmer set to 50%, But i don't think that made the difference.. any suggestion...
Upgrading the 682 shouldn't have an affect on your effects. Delete the effect and then add it again. Dimmer at 50% won't affect it either. It's possible the pixel timing could cause an issue but I doubt it. I think default timing is 150. Set it to 200 and see what happens. I have mine set at 200 but I've heard people have set it to 300-400.
Make sure your start and end universes and your start and end channels are correct on the 682.

Last edited:
If you re using dimming curves in Vixen, make sure the dimming curve is set right. If it is flat across at 50% then that will cause the pulse and other effects to have a fixed brightness. You want it to still be a ramp up and to the right from zero to 50%. It should look like a slash /.

Back