How do you keep your blowmolds standing up?

I also had issues with them bending, and got to using wooden dowels instead. My ground is very rocky (there is a quarry a half mile down the road). Is there a certain length you cut the garden stakes down to before using the drill?

The ones that I have are 4 feet long. I just drill them down to the height of the blowmold. I’ve learned to always use two and crisscross them. I’ll poke them in the arms or anything else the sticks out. A little bit of spring tension and they stand still and don’t rattle or lift up in the wind. If you live in a windy area, you could toss some baggies filled with sand inside to give them a little more weight.

These come in various lengths and thicknesses. They're not as strong as rebar but they are cheaper and they worked well for me. I got them at clearance prices at Menards up here but I see them in several other places too.
attachment.php
attachment.php
Here's a link to Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/pd_93169-16418...ue&productId=3574108&rpp=32&searchQueryType=1

One other idea I wanted to try is the fiberglass marker poles that some people place at the end of their driveway. They're typically florescent orange but who cares if they're inside of a blowmold. These also seem to be relatively strong and there’s no chance of rusting.

This is awesome! I bought 7 of the 4' stakes yesterday. I drilled them into the ground last night. Genius!!!

I put 3 bags of aquarium sand left over from a fish tank I used to have. (Same theory as Ernie)
Put it through the hole in the back of Santa in the bag , he hasn't fallen over since!

I made stands out of PVC then set the blow mold on top. I used sandbags to hold the PVC to the ground let me know I'll take pictures later. Instead of drilling I Used Zip ties around the mold to hold the smaller ones the bigger ones t drilled holes in the bottom and slid the blow mold over the stand.

I just tied them to the stake with fishing line. Might not work if you got really high winds that could lift the mold up over the stake but mine never moved all winter.

I haven't had a problem even with high winds ground is frozen so pounding stakes sucks so I came up with this method. I have over 30 molds up this year so I wanted something easy

home depot sells a 24 awg mechanics wire for 3 or 4 dollars. that is what i use to tie my blow molds to the green fencing stakes. the flat spade at the bottom keeps them from spinning as well.

I use fiberglass "electric fence" posts, they are about 4' long & 1/4" in diameter. I have cut mine to a variety of lengths to accomodate all the different size blowmolds. All my blowmolds either have holes drilled in the bottom or zip ties added to the back. Nice thing about the fiberglass is I can remove them in the middle of winter. A quick twist of the post & they pop right out of the ground.

Back