How is this set of lights wired?

Steev

Hi Everyone,
Hope you all had a great Christmas/New Year!!
I have a few sets of 100 LED lights and I’m interested in how they are made up. As you can see from the uploaded pictures, they start with 3 wires, run into 4 wires and then end up with 3 wires. I’ve also uploaded a diagram of how they are constructed (I traced each wire carefully several times to make sure the diagram is correct!)
My thought is that there is a hot wire running directly from plug to plug to power the next set, and the neutral also runs directly end to end. Also, would I be right to guess there might be a rectifier built in to the plug, is that correct? The rectifier will convert AC into DC for the LED lights.
Any thoughts on how they are constructed would be appreciated, thanks. I’m new to electrics but keen to improve my knowledge!!
Steve

Attachments

• Plugs.jpg
    Plugs.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Diagram.jpg
    Diagram.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 86
That is a classic string along configuration. On the plug end you will find one passthrough and the wire going to the LEDS tied together. On the socket end you will find the other passthrough and the wire going to the LEDs tied together.

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the info. Do you mean that that the LED's are connected with the hot wire at one end (the plug end) and connected to the neutral wire at the socket end.
What about a rectifier, would there be one in the plug?
Steve

Hi Mike,
Thanks for replying. Yes, I had the same thought - it's a large enough plug to have a rectifier inside

Steve

Back