How to export Vixen 3.0 Channels and Groups Configuration to a text file?

kx5h

I've looked and looked, but can't find it. Is there a way to export the Vixen 3 Channels and Groups Configuration to a text file? And, if so, how?

Tnx - Buddy

I haven't looked in a while, but I thought it was natively store in XML Text. The file is the Vixen\SystemData folder. The file is SystemConfig.xml

Thanks KY. I had looked at the SystemConfig.xml file. What I was hoping for is to be able to either print Channels & Groups Configuration as displayed in the Channel & Group Configuration dialog window or export it to a text file. Sometimes I just like to have a paper copy to draw and sketch on. When I expanded all the nodes and attempted to copy and paste them into a notepad, it was a no go. Any ideas?

I don't have time now, but I'll throw together an XSL Stylesheet. You may want to look at some OpenSource XML tools.

I assume you are opening the XML in Internet Explorer then? At a minimum, you should get a Text Editor like Scintilla.

If you have MS Excel available, you can import it as Data and see how it does.

Last edited:
Imported the xml file into LibreOffice Spreadsheet after making the appropriate adjustments for the delimitters plus a little woogin and ended up with exactly what I wanted. Thanks again for the push in the right direction.

Back