How to mount a pixel spinner?

brettjm

Has anyone made a pixel spinner by bolting two pvc crosses together? If so how did you mount them to the house or a pole? I just finished my first one and don't know how i am going to mount it. I thought it would look good above my front door but I have steel siding and don't want to put any holes in it. I also thought i could mount it on a pole in the yard but I'm not sure what the best way to do it would be. Any suggestions would be a big help!

Thanks
Brett M.

I simply used a longer bolt through the 2 cross pieces. A nut holds that assembly in place. I drilled a hole in a pipe and used a nut and washer to hold the spinner to the pipe. Depending on pipe size, you can go all the way through or just through one side and place nut and washer inside pipe.

I also recommend that you use 2 nuts on the bolt before the pipe to ensure that the spinner remains tight.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

That's kind of what I was thinking of doing. I don't see a way to mount it to the house without putting a hole in the siding and if I hang it I'm afraid the wind will mess with it too much!

If it is real steel siding, a large harbor freight style magnet with a bolt through it would hold it on there. Maybe one of those round large flat welding magnets with the push bolt so you can get it off the metal surface.

Also a thin metal strip with a hook might slide under the siding and catch the lip that is naturally there.

Back