How to store built coro snowflakes, tips & experience solicited

Zeph

I am planning to begin using coro stars and snowflakes with pixels, probably 24 inch versions to start with. (boscoyo studios and/or holiday coro).

One concern I have is storage, needing it to be compact without damaging the coro. (Nowadays I try to plan the storage before building a prop, so I have not ordered yet).

I have bullets, but am thinking to get & use square pixels instead for a flatter and easier to store prop. Are the square pixels better for this purpose?

What's your experience with storing these kind of props?

-----
I can imagine finding a large box (> 24" x 24") and stacking them, but I'm imagining that the wires won't stack well, twisting the pixels and maybe bending the coro or the holes?

I am imagining using a flat material (plywood? foamcore?) with holes matching the pixels holes, and placing a coro face into it perhaps from each side; the wires would stick out one each side from a flat mounting surface. Then hoist this between the garage rafters. Just a brainstorm, not sure it would work out.

How much protection from bending does the coro need? Maybe I'm overly concerned, I have not worked with this kind of coro before (10mm); the thin stuff is pretty fragile.

I have 10. Stacked on a shelf in the shed. I do stack them face-to-face and back-to-back but I dont think it makes a difference. The point is to stack them flat.

I built crates for my coro props. That way I can store and transport them horizontally and protected.

They’re back in storage now. I’ll have to snap some pics when they come back out during tear down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stack in a cardboard box using short PVC pieces over pixels as spacers......then rubber band them together.
1/2 X 1” front to front, and 3/4 X 2” on back to back. One spacer per leg.

I've got around 40 and they literally just go into the attic stacked on top of each other. They are several years old and I have had low failure rate. Ray Wu pixels... 5V... the ones that don't catch on fire ;)

Back