How would you light these?

Dkelly0802

I bought these after Christmas really cheap. They have led lights a timer and are powered by 2 AA batteries. I'm looking for a better way to light them up. Any suggestions? I've seen the really big lights thread and have gotten some ideas from that.
188f196ca348c7e36b680e87cc03726e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I would use an LED c7 or c9 bulb on a single cord. I personally would use the single cord method so I could program each bulb individually as I run an AC show that is sequenced with LOR. Its also easier to have them as single strings instead of stringed together incase you want to move them around in the future.

I would also have the LED come in from the base of the big bulb.

Link for reference:
https://www.amazon.com/Single-Light-Replacement-Cord-Bulb/dp/B0074671SM

I'm not sure if a single C9 LED would be powerful enough to light it so it is bright enough to be seen from the street. I bought about 6 of them last year after Christmas as well and when I held one of them up to a regular 60 watt bulb in the garage, the light barely penetrated thru. I plan on using a single incandescent 20 W bulb to see if it will work. But please let me know if the LED C9 works for you.

I'm not sure if a single C9 LED would be powerful enough to light it so it is bright enough to be seen from the street. I bought about 6 of them last year after Christmas as well and when I held one of them up to a regular 60 watt bulb in the garage, the light barely penetrated thru. I plan on using a single incandescent 20 W bulb to see if it will work. But please let me know if the LED C9 works for you.

You could always run 2 c9s or even run a higher watt chandelier bulb.

Back