Hurricane Sandy's effects on DIYC

Macrosill

Administrator
Due to Hurricane Sandy I am without electricity and internet access. I have no idea how long it will take to get electricity restored. 90 percent of the 1.1 million customers in my utility area are without power. They are telling us at least 7-10 days on average.

I am running off batteries and tethering my cell to make this single post. I do not have the time available to research and approve new accounts, check and reply to emails and PMs.

As soon as I get power back I can then charge the phone and limp through things but until then I have limited battery power.

Please bear with me.

Starting to approve accounts this morning. Running off generator power for a few hours per day and have internet access back.

Power back as of 6pm last night. I am catching up on the registration approvals.

Thanks for the understanding.

Lost power again last night at about 9pm. Once again I was at work when it went out so the family had to wait until I got home this morning to get the genny started and the heat back on. We are now at the bottom of the list for repair, after they finish the outages from the storm 11 days ago they will start the repairs from yesterdays storm.

Upwards of 6 inches of snow in some areas. It is the 1st week of Nov. and I an shoveling the driveway. This is nuts!

Needless to say, new registrations will be delayed in being approved again.

Back