"I smell Children" Hocus Pocus Cutouts

Braveit1

Supporting Member
New Hocus Pocus Cutouts for this year. Made with 3/4" plywood (got from 70% off bin at the Home Depot.)
s20221024_152359.jpgs20221021_191146.jpgs20221024_142207.jpgs20221020_000012.jpgs20221014_145720.jpg

You could make a little extra income making extra copies of that. More than a little.
I'm not sure that it's profitable. Aside from the 'copywrite' issue with reproducing characters from registered works (even if I called them something else), what would someone even want to pay for something like these? They're made from 3/4" plywood and are pretty heavy to discourage shipping. Admittedly they could be made from thinner wood, but also there are coroplast prints also being sold by bigger companies for a reasonable price. These are hand painted and cut with a jig saw, not a CNC, so there is about 8hr of manual work into each one between the cutting and painting. It's great for my personal use as I can destress while putting a personal set together, but to produce more than a set would probably defeat that purpose. The cost of plywood has gone up so much in recent years. Just one sheet of 3/4", 4'x8' runs $40-$60. I was able to fit these 3 on one sheet by inverting one of the characters, but my 8' tall Star Wars Tauntaun I did back in 2015 took an entire sheet for one. (I create new themes each year so search this Cut-outs category to see the.)

I would expect to pay around $400 for it, except it doesn't fit my theme. Boscoyo's coroghost goes for around $275+the cost of 700 pixels, which puts it at around $400, too; and that is made of coro, and is only the size of one of your cutouts. And in the one afternoon I was at Boscoyo, I saw 4 people want to buy it. But most of all, it doesn't have Sarah Jessica Parker--which puts your props in the same god-tier as the Leglamp. :)

Back