I would love to do the following, and would pay for Consulting me on it

ChristmasMike

Supporting Member
Hello All,

I currently decorate the outside of my home quite a bit. This year I busted my right elbow and need surgery so I could only do so much. Here is what it looks like. You'll notice, what is missing above all else... a massive, lighting show..

P.S. This link is from my personal secure One Drive, promise its not trying to get anything from anyone. You can find me on NextDoor even in Gainesville Fl.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmxDG0E-bullhphdX9gHxdzCSNSSQQ?e=SgwqNK

Next year I plan on decorating the full half acre in front and the full acre in the back. I even some 20-26 ft inflatables.

What I want to do is:
1. Cover the house in lights. Lights that I can sequence to music
2. I want every single tree in my yard front and back covered in White Lights and also sequenced to music
3. I want some singing trees (which I found on wow lights)
4. I want some Sequences tree things like wow lights
5. I want to create some Wreaths I can sequence
6. I want a big Merry Christmas thing on the roof (center)
7. I also would love to be able to Project Scenes onto my House

I also want to cover the ground in White lights, I saw like these. Rods that stand in from the ground, in a few videos. They seemed to have like 7-10 pixels, was hard to tell.

Even if I cannot get it all done in a year, I want the house covered and some stuff in the yard that are all sequences to music (front, back and sides of the house, roof)
Oh yes and my fence.. I could just cover them in white net lights etc, or I have purchased some Govee Curtain lights (which I love).

Again, I will pay for someone who is good enough to consult me end to end, I don't expect that level of expertise for free.

I will happily build things (I am a very experiences diyer in many areas, including doing electrical etc lol with inspections), I plan to build some outdoor buildings etc too.

Aside from possibly hiring something, I am also looking for guidance on the best way (cost effective is great too, but whatever I need to do), to cover the house. That is my #1 Goal :) .

please feel free to PM me if you think you can do it, or I will listen to any suggestions on the lights I should buy, devices etc for the size I need.

Thanks!!
-Michael

Love what you have done already. That is a lot of inflatables and many many lights.

You have a matrix on the one wall? What are you using to do that?

Is that how you want to cover the house? Or are you thinking more like window frames, vertical elements, gutters, roof, etc?

There are some professional companies that do this sort of thing but most of them are no longer active on the doityourselfchristmas.com forum. Many did start here or computerchristmas (defunct website)-just have to search them out. An in between solution is that there are a lot of sequence builders that could make custom sequences for your layout. Sequences are the programs that control the lights. You would have to build the props or find someone to help with that but one of the hard parts on a large layout like you are talking about would be easily hired.

Wow lights tend to be a little more expensive than the stuff we usually do. I do like that you get packages of things like the singing trees. Here is site with a nice list of places used on the DIY side (there are other places as well but it is a good list). https://www.sjlights.com/links/ also in this list is nice list of sequence vendors including a couple that would be good fits for mentoring, designing, helping with fabrication and install.

Looks like you are in Florida? We have a ton of members from Florida and they do a large mini (informal convention style get-together) each year. Maybe someone from the area could help point you in a good direction.

Thanks Mike for the response :) and the details to!!

Yes, ha I am in Florida :), and thank you so much for the link I will absolutely use that resource.

OH ok let me answer that first, I purchased 3 Govee Curtain lights, (you can only connect 3 max at least atm), and then, I would love to say I created that cool display, but it was another user who shared it. Lol at first I did think, hey I can buy 100 of those and do things.. but nope only 3 :) at a time.

For the house, I was initially thinking covering the entire house (literally 100%) in lights, but in a way that would allow me to make areas stand out as part of a song.

Same with my fence etc and then loads of props.

I am fortunately good at building props so I have been looking at building stakes, and snow flakes and Charlie Brown etc. Where my brain is, or should I say, how my brain works is, if I saw a diagram of how things connected and the pieces that are needed, I'd be able to start building, but since I really work better with Visual learning, sometimes just reading it doesn't fully connect the dots.

As an example, if I had something that supported 120 outputs.. lol my brain thinks, oh ok so I can have 120 strings of lights, but then I read somewhere for instance, that if I created my own "singing" tree, I would use multiple outputs, since the different face positions etc would need their own inputs. If thats accurate it made sense, but still its like.. what does a single string of lights look like

Device 1 -> Software -> Device 2 -> Power -> Controller -> Lights (lol I have no idea if that is even close), but thats how my brain tries to compartmentalize hehe.

Again thank you so much!!

OH btw, lol imagine my fence, all 550 linear feet of it, covered with "curtains" that was a single complete story line all linked.. oh man what a dream :)

Thanks!!

Back