Importing an existing sequence

briant

Is it possible to import some type of data file ( such as a spreadsheet ) as the basis for a sequence in Vixen?

I took a quick glance at a .vix file but it didn't seem the "practical" way to go.

Brian,
I think there is a way to do that but I have no idea how to do it. Maybe this reply will get your question more attention.

Macrosill said:
Maybe this reply will get your question more attention.
Only because I blew right past it the first time, sorry about that.

Currently there's no way to do this. What's your scenario? I can't imagine you're creating a spreadsheet by hand.

KC said:
Currently there's no way to do this. What's your scenario? I can't imagine you're creating a spreadsheet by hand.

I wrote a nyquist plugin for audacity that generates a table of time versus interesting events in the music. In an attempt to visualize and verify the results, I thought perhaps I could dump the data to a spreadsheet and then somehow paste the results into a sequence. Maybe there is some other more direct route?

Thanks,
+Brian

Not currently. But if the data is in a spreadsheet, then you could export it to a generic CSV file, I assume. From there, we could probably come up with something to import it into a sequence or create a new sequence from it.

The functionality wouldn't affect the application at-large and would be confined to the standard editor or maybe an add-in, so I wouldn't be opposed to it making it into 2.0.

My knowledge of audio is very limited, so I don't know Nyquist from Nyquil. There is an add-in that generates events based on the decibel level of the audio a couple of different ways. I don't know if that is anything like what you're looking to do, but I thought I'd point it out nonetheless.

Back