Indoor Christmas Tree Mapping?

blurredvsi0n

I have about 600 pixels that I want to put on our indoor Christmas tree but can?t figure out how to map the lights in the software (xLights). Any ideas how to go about it?

-Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you install pixels on tree in wraps starting from bottom to top then do a spiral tree. Drop a new tree in layout then reduce number of strings down to one, strands per string to one, then 600 pixels. Leave it a round tree and 360 degrees and add the amount of Spiral Wraps you want. You can play with the amount of strings or strands per string but this should give you a good starting point. Hope this helps.

If you install pixels on tree in wraps starting from bottom to top then do a spiral tree. Drop a new tree in layout then reduce number of strings down to one, strands per string to one, then 600 pixels. Leave it a round tree and 360 degrees and add the amount of Spiral Wraps you want. You can play with the amount of strings or strands per string but this should give you a good starting point. Hope this helps.

This is how I did my tree. I have one above my front door on a loft like ledge that has a window. I have a controller up there and the tree syncs to the show outside. Sometimes it can get a little "flashy" inside the house but looks really nice with this setup.

xLights has the ability to map lights already on a prop/tree. I am away from my main computer, but you can search for it in the forums and the manual.
It takes a bit, but it works.

Back