Information Needed

algerdes

Supporting Member
Last year I purchased a show from a long time enthusiast who just needed a break. There are many different items in the purchase, of which I have several of the following:

The board is marked 595 ver. 2.4.1 and is copyrighted 2006 by Brian Bresocnik.
Note that most of these boards have a Renard 595 converter V2.0 attached (attributed to Phil Short and John Wilson, circa 2007).

I have found a few write-ups for "Olsen 595" and "Grinch" controllers, but I cannot find anything on this board specifically.
I would really like to know how to use these, and their capabilities.

Thank you to anyone who has the knowledge and/or links to the information about these and their use.

Al

P.S., I did post this over on another site, but I know there are some on this site that do not go over there, and vice-versa. Thanks to anyone that can put me on the right track.
Al

Thanks Wayne.
Of course I see why my search failed (so many times) after finally seeing the pages I was looking for. :(

If I may summarize what I just read:
The 595 does NOT provide dimming on its own.
The 595 will provide dimming to the SSRs (AC or DC) when used with the Ren-Controller (Ren-C).
The 595/Ren-C combination can accept the Renard Protocol across the RS485 signalling.
The 595 will control 64 channels with each of the output RJ45s providing 4 channels of data to the SSRs (AC or DC).
Correct?

Thanks Wayne.
Of course I see why my search failed (so many times) after finally seeing the pages I was looking for. :(

If I may summarize what I just read:
The 595 does NOT provide dimming on its own.
The 595 will provide dimming to the SSRs (AC or DC) when used with the Ren-Controller (Ren-C).
The 595/Ren-C combination can accept the Renard Protocol across the RS485 signalling.
The 595 will control 64 channels with each of the output RJ45s providing 4 channels of data to the SSRs (AC or DC).
Correct?

Correct. :)

Back