Initializer Program for TIR Systems Destiny CG Lights - Commercial LED Spots

No... thank you for all your hard work. This is the least I can do....

I will test your TIRdrop in a few minutes.....

Stay tuned...

Lightman

Macebobo,

Success! Addr 256 is now correct. I also did spot check on other addresses...All checked out OK. The checksums are correct for both upper and lower addresses. This was for Serial Number 308-0894.

I then ran your numbers for my second TIR unit (Serial Number 308-0802) and all checksums appear vaild (for the 3 addresses I tested earlier this morning).

In summary, you and RavingLunatic/WayneJ are producing the same data streams as near as I can tell.

Congratulations! You have a working TIRDrop system for mapping addresses for at least two TIR units.

Onto the next one....

Lightman

As soon as I can etch a board, I will test with my other lights. I have been using 308-0808

Maybe Macebobo can now figure out how to send his data straight out to an Enttec Pro (or compatible) DMX Dongle:wink2: .
That is beyond me, so hopefully he can tackle that challenge.

Successfully remapped DMX addresses for my Third TIR fixture (Serial Number 308-0906) using both RavingLunatic's Spreadsheet and TIRDrop to calculate checksums.

As usual, I used direct injection of 54 byte Data Packet stream via DMX port and then tested using 3rd party DMXIS light controller.

Here are the results...

ADDR........Results
25.............Good
256...........Good
508...........Good

Again, as you can see I picked the same low, middle, and high addresses as sample set and since it works for these few, I am willing to extrapolate that the other addresses will be good too.

So with 3 fixtures with different serial numbers successfully remapped, I am going to assume there will be no issues with the rest of the serial numbers in the lot. We may discover an odd serial number or address that flips the checksum in a wierd way, but I think the likelihood of that is small to none.

Going to lunch now...
Lightman

I started looking at this last night, I need to get a dongle to test with, but Greg In Canby may have one I can use. This is the ultimate idea, is to have a simple, one click type solution.

Maybe Macebobo can now figure out how to send his data straight out to an Enttec Pro (or compatible) DMX Dongle:wink2: .
That is beyond me, so hopefully he can tackle that challenge.

I started looking at this last night, I need to get a dongle to test with, but Greg In Canby may have one I can use. This is the ultimate idea, is to have a simple, one click type solution.

This would be awesome! I have an RPB Adapter if you need a tester when you are ready

Remember, there will most likely be more lights to come in the future according to Ron.
So, this is time well spent.

Really? I had not heard that. Will they be the same? More info, please :pragnie:

Clarification,
I am looking into finding people here who had these installed and may have problems with them, additionally, they have Larger units on the building that will be taken off next year.
consider, these units were reported to be sold new for $2,000, That being said the other entity with these in CLT may not sell so cheaply.

Did I just get a shout out? Hah. Glad I did something useful. The initializer wouldn't let you input the same SN more than once but if you imported a spreadsheet it'd let you load what ever you wanted then I just wiresharked all 10000 outputs and used my favorite text editor in the world "UltraEdit" and formated them nicely..

Did I just get a shout out? Hah. Glad I did something useful. The initializer wouldn't let you input the same SN more than once but if you imported a spreadsheet it'd let you load what ever you wanted then I just wiresharked all 10000 outputs and used my favorite text editor in the world "UltraEdit" and formated them nicely..

Very grateful for your hard work. It is paying off tremendously.

Thanks,
Lightman

If you smart guys figure out how to get software to output the config codes to a dongle, I can beta test on both RPM and DLA DMX dongles (assuming the RJ design is still working which is not always safe to assume). :er:

My lights are here! I will go pick them up tonight. SWEET! Anyone have a DMX dongle they want to sell me cheap? :biggrin2: Then I can really cook with gas on getting the software buttoned up.

-- John

My lights are here! I will go pick them up tonight. SWEET! Anyone have a DMX dongle they want to sell me cheap? :biggrin2: Then I can really cook with gas on getting the software buttoned up.

-- John

One of our local members got one of these DMX adapters, and he's happy with it. Shows lots of support (check out the bottom of the page), including LOR S3 and Madrix for $39. I am thinking about grabbing one for my testing, since my only DMX in my show will be via E681s. Does anyone know of a more universal one for less cost than this one ?

http://dmxking.com/index.php?page=s...ion=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2

Went to get the lights and UPS freight closes at 3:30pm. But, I can go get them at Midnight if I want :biggrin: - I just might do that :lol:

One of our local members got one of these DMX adapters, and he's happy with it. Shows lots of support (check out the bottom of the page), including LOR S3 and Madrix for $39. I am thinking about grabbing one for my testing, since my only DMX in my show will be via E681s. Does anyone know of a more universal one for less cost than this one ?

http://dmxking.com/index.php?page=s...ion=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2

That's pretty cheap at $39! (Unless i read something wrong) Not sure you will find one for less.

I have heard of DMX king, but never used their products. Says it us Enttec Pro compatible....hmmmm.

Most dongles commercially available are over $100.
...especially the Enttec ones.

Curious to see how well it will work.

Regards,
Lightman

Unless someone has used the dongle and can vouch that it passes Start Codes we send to it and doesn't create it's one ie 00 all the time which wouldn't work for what we want I'd be a little leery unless you're just looking for a cheap DMX adapter.

Back