inserting DMX address change on a device

Ryogoku Bear

I got these dimmable soft lights off amazon, and they had the features I wanted: adjustable color temperature, dimming, and dmx control. when I got them they looked great... but no instructions, and the dmx connection was a RJ45 jack and not the standard XLR. However, there was a diagram that indicated which lead was data positive, which lead was data negative, and which was neutral, so I could wire up a XLR connector myself and run it with my controller. That worked, but then I realized the problem was that there was no way to change the address: channel 1 was dimming and channel 2 was color temperature -- period. That's not helpful and negates the reason for having a dmx connection. I was thinking it must be a fairly simple wiring solution to insert a different dmx address in line by using a dip switch unit, so that the controller sees the unit at an dmx address I have set, but haven't been able to figure out how that might be wired. Anybody have any suggestions on how that might be done?

I got these dimmable soft lights off amazon, and they had the features I wanted: adjustable color temperature, dimming, and dmx control. when I got them they looked great... but no instructions, and the dmx connection was a RJ45 jack and not the standard XLR. However, there was a diagram that indicated which lead was data positive, which lead was data negative, and which was neutral, so I could wire up a XLR connector myself and run it with my controller. That worked, but then I realized the problem was that there was no way to change the address: channel 1 was dimming and channel 2 was color temperature -- period. That's not helpful and negates the reason for having a dmx connection. I was thinking it must be a fairly simple wiring solution to insert a different dmx address in line by using a dip switch unit, so that the controller sees the unit at an dmx address I have set, but haven't been able to figure out how that might be wired. Anybody have any suggestions on how that might be done?

Why do you want to change the address? e.g. Do you have multiple of these lights that you want to connect pass-through on the same DMX Universe?

Back