Interactive Display

Electrified3

Has anyone done an interactive display using the inputs on the PI through FPP? I am looking at options for a display that can be triggered by PIR sensors wired into the gpio of the PI player, wanted to do one using PIR sensors to call sequences to sections of a display based on detected motion? I am assuming it will may be triggering rather quickly, not sure if the FPP will just drop the executing event or if it can run multiple events at the same time?

I am thinking of having 250 pixels triggered from each input with maybe 8 different groups. Big question I am not sure is if the events have to be one at a time or if event 1 is triggered and event 4 comes in while event 1 is still running, will it null the first event and just jump to the next called event or can it finish event 1 while event 4 starts? I am hoping to have each event trigger a different group of pixels and sequences, just not sure if it can do that or not?

Any advise, ideas or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone done an interactive display using the inputs on the PI through FPP? I am looking at options for a display that can be triggered by PIR sensors wired into the gpio of the PI player, wanted to do one using PIR sensors to call sequences to sections of a display based on detected motion? I am assuming it will may be triggering rather quickly, not sure if the FPP will just drop the executing event or if it can run multiple events at the same time?

I am thinking of having 250 pixels triggered from each input with maybe 8 different groups. Big question I am not sure is if the events have to be one at a time or if event 1 is triggered and event 4 comes in while event 1 is still running, will it null the first event and just jump to the next called event or can it finish event 1 while event 4 starts? I am hoping to have each event trigger a different group of pixels and sequences, just not sure if it can do that or not?

Any advise, ideas or experience would be greatly appreciated.

An Event can trigger an effect or a script. It simply starts either the effect or the script and then dies allowing the effect or script to continue running until it terminates itself or you stop it with another event.
It looks like you can run multiple "effects" at once so I would assume that multiple triggered effects would work.

Yes, you could trigger multiple effects at the same time. I think I missed replying to this earlier. I will try to write a longer reply when non-mobile.

I do plan to enhance FPP to allow both blocking and non-blocking events. Hopefully I can get to that in time for FPP v2.

Thanks for the replies, been out of town the last few weeks.

I have started to play around with this, will pick up a few more sensors and start playing with this one. Want to start with an array of PIR sensors pointed through pipes to isolate each one to a zone. If I get that one working thinking of pressure sensors in a mat and maybe a 3rd one of those super large pushbuttons.

Mind is running crazy with how far one might be able to take this.

The next thought, is it possible to make the inputs cumulative? so if I had inputs 1,2,3 all on together does one event, but 2,3,4 another, but if just 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 each does something different? I am thinking it is just in the coding to make the cumulative logic? This might become a fun project!

Back