Interest in Group Buy of New Floodlight Board

stampedeboss

I'm interested in finding out if there is any interest in me offering my new floodlight driver in a group buy.
IMG_0052a.jpg

The items in the picture are in Left to Right, Top to Bottom
  • ESP-01 Programmer
  • Next 2 are the latest version of the PixiFlood 10w board and the orginal PixiFlood 10w Board
  • Version 3 of the PixiFlood without the sidecar
  • Below it is the sidecar unattached to the driver
  • Full assembled V3 PixiFlood with Sidecar and ESP-01 module
  • ESP-Programmer without a ESP-01 module

This is my 3rd Version of a LED Driver. It's design is focused on delivering a single board designed to support
any wattage of LED from 10w to 100w. This objective required the design to no longer include direct attachment
of the LED to the PCB, it is to be connected via wires to allow for the wide arrangement of LED sizes and pin spacings.

The previous design, 1st offered a few years back, relied on Linear Voltage Regulators since the voltage was limited
to 12V being reduced to 5v. With the use of higher wattage LED, voltage requirements are much greater required changing
the 5v voltage regulator circuitry to a switching model to eliminate the overheating of the previous design.

The PT4115 specifications are unacceptable to anything above a 20w LED, as such beginning with 3.0 the LED
Driver is being switched out for an AL8861 and the supporting components have been modified to support that
new IC.

This new design includes the addition of a detachable sidecar that contains ESPixelStick capabilities. Using the sidecar
and an ESP-01 the floodlight can be driven wireless. The sidecar was streamlined and reduced to the minimal components
required to support the ESP-01 and no longer supplies programming circuitry. I determined it would be unlikely that the
floodlight board would be moved near a computer to support programming via a USB since the ESP-01 is detachable.
This change eliminated a number of components reducing the size and cost of the sidecar board.

I developed a separate stand-a-lone board that can be used to program the ESP-01 modules with the ESPixelStick Firmware
regardless of the intended platform. This new board is a fully self contained unit that includes all circuitry including USB
Connector for programming. This new board can be found in github as "stampedeboss/ESP_PGMR". This design eliminates the
additional wiring associated with attaching the ESPixelStick to the communications card.
If there is interest this can also be offered in a group buy for around 6 dollars.

The V3 would be completely assemble but without headers installed due to allowing people to choose their own connection methods.
Anticipated cost, depending on number of units ordered, Min 100:
V3 plus Sidecar, no ESP-01 or LED. Expected cost is around 18.00, Actual cost will be confirmed before orders are taken.
V1.11 10W Through hole Kit (SMD Components are already Soldered) no LED, $7.00

If you desire to build 10w the original board (Version 1.11) is a more cost effective solution. You can use an external controller or only one V3 with sidecar
in a connected string of Floods since they can be Serially Connected. The new board is really targeted at 20w and above builds.

Again this is an interest only solicitation, what is offered if anything depends on what you want.

Last edited:
FYI, all the "extra" though holes you see in the PCB are test points, if you have issues in the future you will be able to easily diagnose the issue. I will do a video on this board like I did for the original PixiFlood on how to trouble shoot problems. I am also providing all schema and board design files (Eagle) on github for you personal use.

Most Excellent ! I look forward to checking these files out.
As always, very nice work.
FYI, all the "extra" though holes you see in the PCB are test points, if you have issues in the future you will be able to easily diagnose the issue. I will do a video on this board like I did for the original PixiFlood on how to trouble shoot problems. I am also providing all schema and board design files (Eagle) on github for you personal use.

Back