INTEREST ONLY: Renard ESP8266 WiFi Adapter Group Buy

This is a bump to try and make sure no one misses this. I will close this interest thread this coming Monday and then see if we can move forward with a Group Buy.

Who do you use for the blank boards? I've been using Gold Phoenix for many years, they have a "proto panel" for around $100 for 100 sq in, or $110 for 155 sq in (guess what the better deal is), includes shipping. If I order on Monday, I usually see the board by the following week. In the thousands of boards I've done with them, once I had an issue with them, and they simply re-ran the boards for me.

https://www.goldphoenixpcb.com/singlepage.php?tg=specialprice

I have used several different board houses with good results with all of them.
OSHpark, Smart-prototyping, Elecrow, Seeed, dirty pcbs, Advanced circuits and a couple more I can't remember.

Competition is a good thing. Seeed recently uped the ante by dropping 10x10cm boards to $10 for 10 and they no longer have any uplift charge for colors.
So... you can get red, blue, black, yellow and white for the same price as green.

I shop around for each order. I had been going with smart-protyping as they were the best deal with shipping, but I've ordered some really big boards recently and seeed was less expensive.
You want to be on the mailing list for all of them as they run specials.
Seeed had a deal last year where they sent me a coupon for $50 off a $100 order. I got some big nixie boards with that one.
Who do you use for the blank boards? I've been using Gold Phoenix for many years, they have a "proto panel" for around $100 for 100 sq in, or $110 for 155 sq in (guess what the better deal is), includes shipping. If I order on Monday, I usually see the board by the following week. In the thousands of boards I've done with them, once I had an issue with them, and they simply re-ran the boards for me.

https://www.goldphoenixpcb.com/singlepage.php?tg=specialprice

Last edited:
This interest thread is now closed.

I come up with about 40 units.

I will now take that number, compute costs and start a group buy thread in a few days.

thanks for everyone's interest.

Hello everyone!

I have had major ISP problems since my last post and haven't been able to get on DIYC for 2 weeks!

I now hope to get the group buy started in the next two days.

Sorry for the delay, but my hands were tied.

Back