Is there any ARIZONA light meet and greets?

mister softee

just wanted to know if there was any Az meetup or anything for newbies to get inspiration and ideas, equipment trades,etc? or meet the senior guys and gals in the area. Doing this type of hobbie? I know there is not to many of us out there, but there has got to be at least a hundred or so people.
just figured i would ask

There hasn't been an AZ Mini for a couple years. I wish I had the knowledge and know-how to help organize one, but it's a bit above my skill set.

There actually has been an AZ mini the past 2 years cause I was at both of them. They weren't organized with a bunch of topics it was more of just everyone meeting up and whoever wanted to present something could and we had lunch and people brought all their toys. I ended up giving like 4 to 5 hours of xLights training at the last one cause nobody else volunteered to show anything. The year before that we had the winner of the GCLF neighborhood version from Christmas on Comstock give a presentation telling all about the experience of being on the show and then I gave a few hours of xLights training. I just usually wait to hear whether they are having a get together and then volunteer to present. Last year I gave away a Pixlite16 controller. It was nice cause I said anyone could participate in the raffle but my preference was for it to go to someone that really needed a controller and everyone opted out except one couple new to the hobby so they got it.

They were at David Kipp's house if you know him. He has a great setup in his garage where he stores all his items in a way that they can be sequenced and run all year. I went to one about 4 years ago at a different house and was told that those folks hosted it every year. Turned out that was the last year I ever saw a mini happen there.

Back